Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
DAMNIT! Missed it again!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
ts definately worth the $55 I spent on 2-day tickets.
Out of curiosity - what do tickets get you? Can't you just look up and see the race? Or is there an event type thing that tickets give you access to?

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Air races are typically held at altitudes lower than 200ft.... hard to "look up" to see one. Still want to go see the Reno Air Races.

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Red bull leased about a 1mile of River front on both sides of the river and they set up viewing areas, seating, consessions. Last year the fenced of area was also blocked off with cloth/tarps, this year it wasn't. I also had friends that work at GM & the Ren Cen who reserved conference rooms to watch it. My Dad and I got there early enough to get seats right on the railing of the Riverwalk area in front of the Ren Cen. For the most part you provide your own seats, folding camp chairs. If I drpoped my camera it was going in the water.

the height of the actual pylons on the corse are 20 m/65 ft. and the barges add maybe 12 to 20 feet in height. My friends in the Ren Cen were actually looking down at the racing going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts