Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I'm Matt, i live near Ottawa, Canada on the Quebec side, and i just bought the new 2010 Elantra GL Sport.
I'm looking to share my impressions of its driving, and maybe some tips to take care of my new baby properly.
I will eventually want to put up some mods in its belly. If you guys can help me out with the main modifications i should do, while keeping it secured and without breaking my guarantee, of course!
See you around, then!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all those welcomes, it's appreciated.
In answer to "SuperGLS": i am thinking of cheap or "not so expensive" hp add-ups... I think that since my car has been built up as the Sport model, it should already have a few good parts, but i'm sure i can improve many of them.
For a start, a "cold air intake" would be nice, as much for the small increase in hp as for the more "purring" sound i'll get with it. I checked online for that kind of intake for my model, but only found items that go, technically, for the Tiburon and not for the Elantra. Should i check elsewhere or more thoroughly, or that kind of cai would work on the Elantra as well?
I also heard about changing the spark plugs set and wires for better quality and efficient types. As well as i heard about changing for a more efficient coil...
Tell me what you guys are thinking about it, and i'll make up my mind.

Maybe if you could give me a few good internet site to look at, it would help a lot.

I'm still thinking of keeping my guarantee on it, so i'm kind of restrained.

Please help the real newbie that i am, in his elevation through expertise! ahah! :)
Thank you...

matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts