Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belt or Chain? Does trim matter? I am going to be upgrading from my 03 and have read that it comes with a chain... is it true? Not sure if I am going to go with 2011 or 2012. Is there a difference, or no also? Thanks.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
Re: 2011/2012 Hyundai Elantra Timing.

The Touring still used the Beta-II 2.0L 4-cylinder with a belt.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

From the press release for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan.

Hyundai said:
The Nu engine also features a maintenance-free silent timing chain system to enhance durability and improve Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
There are very minor changes from the 2011 to the 2012. Mostly the MSRP is higher do to some small package changes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2,532 Posts

From the press release for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan.
Sorry, I thought it said Elantra TOURING, not the Elantra TIMING.

The Touring has a 2.0L Beta motor with a belt.
The Sedan has a 1.8L Nu with a chain.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The best part is the "maintenance-free" part, huh?
Timing-chain is said to be "maintenance-free" because you don't need to change it every 40.000 to 75.000 miles.
If it has an auto-tensioner and good quality guides it's really "maintenance-free" for up to 125.000 miles.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know, that's what I'm saying. It's awesome since it takes away one of the bigger routine maintenance charges.
When it works properly...
The first NF Sonatas with the 3.3 V6 hab problems with the chain guides and tensioners...
But apart from this it's a great improvement!

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
No problem. It didn't address whether or not he wanted a Touring or a Sedan
Yeah but he posted this question in the MD/UD sedan forum. I should have noticed that. DOH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts