Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've had my elantra for a few months now and have loved every second of it! But as long as I've had the car Its had this horrible clanking sound coming from what appears to be the driver side wheel. The only previous "Accidents" I know of is that the previous owner ran over a pretty hefty log after a hurricane. No repairs were needed besides an alignment. Making me highly doubt its suspension based. So about a week ago I finally put the car up on a jack in an effort to see If I could see anything and everything seemed normal, Well until I started it up, The motor shook way more under load than it naturally should. Ok so motor mounts right? Well Im not entirely sure. Tried moving around each wheel and it appeared like the motor was moving so much that it was hitting on something, Causing that horrid noise. Still not all that sure but atleast its a starting point. Any one with a similar problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a few videos on youtube how to check and diagnose motor mounts. Take a look, and check your mounts. Usually it is pretty easy to see if mount damaged or worn out. If you need to replace motor mount, there is a few aftemarket options, and you may check "Do it youself" section. Somebody did mount repair with stuff like urethane adhesive or something like this, with pics and detail process explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts