Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently got a 2011 Elantra GLS with the Preferred Equipment Package. On the 24th of Dec I decided to take a look at as it just arrived. Well, I ended up taking it home that day and loved it ever since. Still learning stuff about this car but so far very pleased.

Curtis

Ready to take it home from Windward Hyundai

Already got the windows tinted and replaced the trunk and license bulbs to leds

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Looks awesome! Congrats, and welcome to EXD. These new 2011s are making me want to have a reason to buy a commuter car.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
very nice. my car is paid off super soon.
i'm getting tempted heh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Welcomes!

My driving impression of this car is very nice. At first I was taken by it's appearance but after the test drive is when I knew I liked it. I tried to keep my excitement down as I didn't want the sales person to fully see it. You know, try to make them sell the car to me.

It handles and drives very well. Very predictable, surefooted and comfortable. I normally would expect this from a more expensive automobile.

Mileage has been what I've expected. I only had 3 fills so far, the first showing 29mpg and the next 2 at 34mpg and 33mpgs. My drives are mostly city stop and go with a few highway cruises. The island here has it's share of mountains and hills. Where I live is right smack at the mountain so it's my everyday commute. All the vehicles I've driven here has always got the lower than expected mileage because of these conditions. So I am happy to even get better than the expected advertised mileage.

Curtis

Just a few pics taken today at the famous Punchbowl Cemetary of the Pacific

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I just realized you are in Hawaii, and have a 2011. I'm pretty-sure I hate you now.

(JK).

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Car looks great. Congrats.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the mileage update. Keep us updated every now and then.

What's the dealer suggested service schedule on this car?
This is on the backpage of the quick reference guide. The owners manual and maintenance log have the same layout as was provided on my 2005 elantra. The quick reference has the same info, but in an easier to read format. Surprised about the no check/no service required on the automatic transmission fluid.

img091.jpg

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
welcome to the forum nice lookin car

·
Registered
9 Posts
we drove one and the g/f didn't care for the view obstruction of the windshield pillars- I wish she liked it it is a snazzy car - we are going to end up with a touring wagon lol!

nice ride!

how much $ did the dealer discount it? we thought we were negotiating a good deal with $1500 dealer $ in addition to rebates ... thx !!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we drove one and the g/f didn't care for the view obstruction of the windshield pillars- I wish she liked it it is a snazzy car - we are going to end up with a touring wagon lol!

nice ride!

how much $ did the dealer discount it? we thought we were negotiating a good deal with $1500 dealer $ in addition to rebates ... thx !!!!
The pillar obstruction on this car is much less than the Caliber which you can see in the background (first pic).

Dealer discount was $9,000 from the trade in of the Caliber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
oh- they bundled the #'s

ugh.. I hate that - I insist to see trade $ / then dealer disc $/ rebate $ / down payment $ / tax & dmv $ / vehicle cost $ /all itemized

they tried to bundle trade and disc $ in one lump and I asked how I was supposed to understand the option of trade v. private sale .. then they upped the discount- i said that is nice,but I still need to see how much of that discount is my vehicle ... then I said why isn't buying a car like grocery shopping - there should be a price and a sale price,he laughed - I told him I can low ball ya all day or I can agree to pay msrp - the guy said no one pays msrp - ok I said,then how low should I shoot- it was a stand off lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts