Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all the details will come out next week, but here's a sneak peak.

Interesting they are going with a different face.

And some details (nothing new) from Motortrend.

Motortrend said:
We’ve yet to see the car in its entirety, but it appears the Sonata Hybrid receives a significant makeover to accompany its hybrid driveline. The entire front fascia is revised, incorporating a very thin upper grille accompanied by a larger aperture positioned lower in the bumper. Headlamps and foglamps are also restyled, and it appears the former incorporate Audi-like LED running lamps.

For the most part, expect the 2011 Sonata Hybrid to closely resemble the prototype hybrid system Hyundai first showcased at the 2008 Los Angeles auto show. A 30-killowatt (41-horsepower) electric motor will likely be sandwiched between a 2.4-liter “Theta II” inline four-cylinder and a six-speed automatic transmission. As a parallel hybrid, the Sonata Hybrid can be propelled either by the electric motor alone or a combination of the two power sources.

Perhaps the most interesting feature is the battery pack. instead of following the crowd and developing lithium-ion batteries, Hyundai -- along with partner LG Chem -- has pursued lithium-polymer battery packs. For the most part, the battery chemistry is very similar, but instead of using a liquid electrolyte, lithium-polymer cells use a polymer-based gel. As a result, each battery cell can be built in a smaller package. Hyundai says an entire lithium-polymer pack can be 20 percent smaller than a lithium-ion battery -- which is already roughly 50 percent smaller than a traditional nickel metal-hydride design.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/6626362/a...id-ahead-of-new-york/index.html#ixzz0jJkhxj7W

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
So, how long before we get the price, and once again see that you'll never get your money's worth in fuel savings?

Full disclosure: I hate Hybrids. Great tech, terrible implementation.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Hell, I might buy one so I don't have the ugly front end of a regular Sonata. Best marketing move right there.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
why not? the mazda 3 and mazdaspeed 3 look different, at least if it comes with a factory lip kit or different wheels with a sport suspension it would be cool.
if the front end is alreay looking different for the hybrid, im sure the rear will change too. Cant wait till Wednesday to fin out.

I really like the headlights on the hybrid version though, I see a sonata SE 2.0 with a hybrid front end swap for me in the near future, or maybe i'll just buy the hybrid if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris Perry, interim CMO at HyundaiUSA, says the sides will be different. No mention on the back though.

Q: How is the Sonata Hybrid different from cars like Prius?

A: Hybrids have traditionally either been visually unique or versions of non-hybrid cars. We have taken a different approach. This is a Sonata chassis, but it looks completely different. The front is different, the side treatment is different, and it's functionally different. But it is also the first hybrid with lithium polymer batteries. So it's really the next generation of hybrid.
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=125112

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
Anyone noticed that the crocked H on the hybrid is a bit more like the new lexus/toyota badge? I wonder if this will be a badge trend for hyundai or if its just for the hybrid.

makes me wonder how our badges would look if we just add vinyl under the rear crocked H.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts