Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Depending on when this thing finally makes it to dealer lots, there's a chance it'll end up in my driveway. We just decided to fix the '04 for now (front suspension is out of whack, needs brakes and tires) and make it another year or two. Didn't really love any minivans, and none of the 3rd row SUVs made us in love. Veracruz is nice, but almost as old as the Santa Fe is in design. Wonder if they'll get the new Veracruz out soon after... will there be a new Veracruz?

On topic, the renderings look nice. Only part I'm "iffy" about is the large metal area of the D pillar in the back.

Edit: nevermind
The Veracruz was discontinued on November 15, 2011. Last-produced 2011 models were rebadged 2012 and carried over the extended year. As of March 2012, there are no dealerships left in the U.S. to still sell the Veracruz.
Wonder why they even brought it to the Chicago Auto Show last month.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Debuted today at the New York Auto Show. Basically there will be the Santa Fe Sport (much like the current Santa Fe with two rows of seating) and the Santa Fe which will be a LWB version that will have 3 rows of seating and compete with other models. Krafcik, HMA CEO, has acknowledged that this model will replace the aging Veracruz.

Hyundai Press Release said:
TWO ALL-NEW 2013 HYUNDAI SANTA FE MODELS MAKE WORLD DEBUTS AT 2012 NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
<< CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2012 NEW YORK AUTO SHOW MEDIA KIT >>

All-New Santa Fe Lineup Defies the Status Quo and Reinvents the CUV Landscape with “Fluidic Sculpture” Design, Sophisticated Engineering and Efficient Powertrains

First Non-Luxury CUV with Torque-Vectoring Cornering Control and Driver Selectable Steering for Outstanding Driving Dynamics

NEW YORK, April 4, 2012– Designed to delight shoppers and defy convention, two all-new 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe models make their world debut today at the 2012 New York International Auto Show. The third-generation Santa Fe crossover family introduces the two-row, five-passenger Santa Fe Sport and the long wheelbase (LWB) three-row, seven-passenger model called Santa Fe. The all-new Santa Fe family showcases the brand’s cutting-edge capabilities through “Fluidic Sculpture” design, impressive fuel economy and a host of features to delight drivers and passengers with high expectations for functionality and comfort. The all-new 2013 Santa Fe Sport will go on-sale late this summer, with the larger Santa Fe introduced to dealers in January 2013.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2013 SANTA FE LINEUP

First non-luxury CUV Torque Vectoring Cornering Control (TVCC) combines with Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM) for outstanding CUV driving dynamics
All-new crossover architecture developed for families
Third-generation crossover introduces two-row, five-passenger Santa Fe Sport, Santa Fe Sport 2.0T and larger three-row, seven-passenger LWB Santa Fe
“Fluidic Sculpture” exterior design
All four-cylinder engine lineup for the Santa Fe Sport
Theta II 2.4-liter Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engine
190 horsepower (estimated) with improved fuel economy and acceleration
Highest highway fuel economy (33 mpg estimated) of any CUV/SUV equipped with an automatic transmission
High-output Theta II 2.0-liter turbocharged GDI engine
264 horsepower (estimated) with excellent fuel economy and best-in-class power-to-weight ratio
Highway fuel economy estimated at 31 mpg (FWD A/T)
In-house six-speed automatic transmission
Seven standard airbags
Panoramic sunroof
Heated rear seats and heated steering wheel
Power driver and front passenger seats
Sliding second row seating with 40:20:40 folding seat back and cargo area release
Standard Blue Link – safety, service and infotainment telematics system
Third generation navigation and audio multimedia systems with an available eight-inch display
Intelligent Active All-Wheel Drive

HIGHLIGHTS UNIQUE TO THE 2013 LWB SANTA FE

Lambda II 3.3-liter GDI V6 engine with 290 horsepower powers LWB Santa Fe
LWB Santa Fe is the only midsize CUV with a standard direct injection V6 engine
Blind spot detection (LWB Santa Fe only)
That's not the full press release. There are a bunch of graphs about the Santa Fe and the competitors found here.

I think this is a great approach. The only thing I don't like is the low power numbers on the base Santa Fe Sport. I'm guessing they'll be a lot more turbo versions sold.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
589 Posts
Oh, that's beautiful. My mom said if she was worrying about a CUV, she'd definitely look at it.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
gorgeous! i will be seeing it in person on saturday, along with the new coupe, VT, and the azera. Hyundai booth is going to be very exciting this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts