Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show a comparison between these two tire sizes when it comes to the actual...SIZE of the tire.

I like the look of the 215/45...make the car look like a BRUTE. but it rubs like a MFer in the back now (i have 215s on teh back, 205s in the front haha)

I want to get a fender roller. I already tried dremeling the lip on the fenders down and it's chewing up bits like no other.

But yeah, just wanted to show you guys this.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
so you got what? an extra half inch in width? yaaaaaaay

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
those 215's suck

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
i got a job at NTB so now i can get tires discounted too :D

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Wow, that's so pointless. I hope you don't have ABS...

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Cypher said:
i got a job at NTB so now i can get tires discounted too :D
ricerrx7 said:
Wow, that's so pointless. I hope you don't have ABS...
next time i'll just post the pics instead of explaining the "back story"...I never mentioned the fact I got them for free because a customer was throwing them out and there are slits from potholes in my old tires did i? :rolleyes:

I'm buying a set of 4, this is just temporary...

ANYWAY....yeah. that is why 215s rub...they are ****ing huge haha

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
whats it matter to ABS?

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Each wheel speed sensor sends a signal to the ABS module to determine if the ABS needs to apply. When you have mixed tire sizes, it throws off the readings from one wheel to the next, and it will throw an ABS code and your ABS won't work.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
im sorry, but theres what...26-27mm in 1"...if you went from a 205 to a 215, thats 10mm, which = less than 1/2" wide...i mean, look at your 2nd picture...youre trying to tell me thats 1"?

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
exactly my point

·
Registered
288 Posts
If they rub take them off.... I thought that was simple.. who cares if they were free....

Rubbing = Bad

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
ilanpro said:
I think he is just being ballpark figure, the bottom line is that 215 with at 42mm on a 17" rim Will Rub.
That's not always true. I have 17x7.5" tires with 215/45 tires AND I have a hatch and with my current Falken Ziex ZE512, I have NEVER rubbed, even with 4 large adults with the hatch packed with heavy luggage driving 250+ miles to Vegas. On the other hand, the Yokohama rubbed, but only with a 2nd person and I'd have to go over a big bump. It depends a lot on your tires too.

I just realized why Keyan's pics show such a big difference, stupid me. He has 205/40 (FORTY), not 205/45. No wonder the other tire looks like a giant! His tires are way undersized to begin with!

·
Registered
502 Posts
A pic with them on your car please.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
205/45R17 matches stock radius almost exactly. That's what I'd go with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts