Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just the facts please ...
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about replacing the stock MAF, which has a 2.5" ID with a 3" GM MAF Sensor? Seems to be a hot ticket on the EVO and DSM crowd.

An SMT6 should be able to give the right signal to the ECU ... you'd just need to find an Air Temp unit ... thats built into our MAF right??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Problem is that you need to convert the signal from the gm maf to somthing the the ecu can read hence the maf translator box. i dont know that the smt6 can do this..... correct me if im wrong as i dont know much bout the smt6.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
the piggyback or tuner you're using has to be able to scale it down so that the ecu todesn't throw a code.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
And what would be the gain on our head/cam choked Beta II? Wouldn't it be like using a 5 gallon bucket as a straw to suck up a 12 ounce can of coke?

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
guys, stay to the topic at hand.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naa .. I was just saying that you can use the GM MAF as a blow through MAF, have it on the pressures side, after the turbo not before it. This would eliminate the the need for a recirculating setup and you can use a standard bov ... just have the bov upstream of it

From the reading I've done so far, its supposed to be very accurate too.

Just something different to consider ...

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Naa .. I was just saying that you can use the GM MAF as a blow through MAF, have it on the pressures side, after the turbo not before it. This would eliminate the the need for a recirculating setup and you can use a standard bov ... just have the bov upstream of it

that is how yamaha's setup is done and that is how my setup is going to be.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
until I see proof that the positive pressure affects the stock MAF, I'm going to plan to run it that way. There are hundreds of cars running blow thru MAFs, stock and not and NEVER heard a problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
the only reason i'd worry about swapping mafs is if you're peggin it.

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts

For God's sakes CHARGE PIPING is the PIPING AFTER THE TURBO THAT SEES THE BOOST... lol

I am AGREEING with you, just making sure you understand the terminology ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For God's sakes CHARGE PIPING is the PIPING AFTER THE TURBO THAT SEES THE BOOST... lol

I am AGREEING with you, just making sure you understand the terminology ;)
I understand it fine ...

Do you drink a lot of coffee or something? :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts