Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
lol.... i wanted to replace the internal fans with those talismoon ones they sell but never actually did it... prolly wont either... meh... lol

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
if mine works after i replace the X-clamps.. (which i havnt gotten around to yet, What? do i look like a guy whos not lazy?) then i dont think im going to bother putting it back into the xbox case, i think ill just take the space hit and put it into an old pc tower or something of the sort, i plan on hooking up a pc power supply to the rig as well (an old tiny 150w one) just to power fans and such.

i figure ill just have two power buttons, one for the fans and one for the xbox.. i might try and integrate them into one button, but i duno about that cause the button is right on the board of teh xbox, so that might be beyond my skillset

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
just cut a whole in the case to where the power button would be and put it through that, not hard to do

·
1,674 Posts
Look online, there are places people have found on the MOBO to add additional fans. This way the fan is variable with the speed the system is running and would turn on with it, and be super cool(for us geeks) at the same time!

·
EXD Commander
482 Posts
thats not to bad i had all 4 rings light up, supposedly there was a major malfunction. so i just went out and bought an elite. lol

·
G-Mills Pays tha Bills
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I think I might get the new one, my gf wants one for her house and she said she'll buy my old one....

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
my fix actually did work... for about 2 months. then it started 3 ringing again. i could kill the fans and let it overheat then let it cool, turn the fans back on and it would be good for another play or two. but i had to do that almost every time i wanted to play..

so i figured screw it, and i hacked the dvd drive. dloaded some games. had fun playing some new releases, then just overheating it every time i wanted to play finally got to me and i just quit altogether.

but since i already bought 2 controllers and 3 games i figured i might as well just get one.. So i went and bought the new slim model.
I still have the haxed out one, but its such a pain, and the wires are a MESS. i literally just took a PSU and set it next to the xbox and used that to run the fans. its just junk now.. and since i hacked the dvd drive i cant even sell it for cash lol :p

61 - 70 of 70 Posts