Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 3rd light has a fuse? My 3rd light stopped working and i was woondering if i blew a fuse or something. Stopped working when i put my dash back on without unplugging the battery heh :\ . I looked around and didnt see any fuses for it and i checked a buunch of fuses. Any help would be appreicated :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
you mean third brake light? or third gear light on the auto tranny/gauge cluster?

if we're talking brake light, did you verify it's not just the bulb? it is on the same circuit as the other two brake lights. probably the connector is loose/bad. should be very easy to check.

if we're talking third GEAR light, then probably just the bulb/LED got dislodged. there is no separate fuse or connector for that.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I did not think the gears had lights. There is a 194 or 74 bulb that lights up the whole area. I think the XD has a transparent orange needle that moves with the gearshift and that lets you know which gear it is in. I have moved the shifter with the battery disconnected and the orange dot will move with the shifter.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
cclngthr said:
I did not think the gears had lights. There is a 194 or 74 bulb that lights up the whole area. I think the XD has a transparent orange needle that moves with the gearshift and that lets you know which gear it is in. I have moved the shifter with the battery disconnected and the orange dot will move with the shifter.
He's talking about the lights on the dash for the gear indicator. Not the one by the shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts