Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew if our cars could be converted into 5 lug. Wether through buying 5 lug rotors or rebuilding the existing rotors??? i dont know . . im guessing through buying new ones but can it be done? what would it take? any drilling needed on the car itself if i just go and get a 5 lug rotor? what would this do to the balance and engineering of the vehicle?? lets get all the brilliant minds in on this one, i really wanna know if this can be done in ANY way . . . theres got to be a way right? let me know . thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's two ways.
One - I'm not sure if it's even possible. Change out your entire hub, spindle, rotor, everything for the Tiburon's. If it is possible it would be quite expensive no doubt.
Two - Jay was already doing this. Take a 5-lug rotor and have a machine shop redrill the hat to a 4bolt pattern to fit the XD.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Those are some wicked wheels! The lip couldn't be quite so deep on a FWD car, but still, they look amazing. There must be something in a 4x114.3mm bolt pattern that is really, really close.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Didn't Ilanpro get some wheels very much like those? I'm sure you can find something very similar in our bolt pattern. IMO it just isn't worth all that $$ just for a specific wheel.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he has something very similar but no deep lip . . which i love . . .i THINK these guys are new and right outta here in miami they are called hp design and the model is the newlightning i believe . . they are on hpdesignwheels.com a sub company to hpdesign.com which hosts hp racing i believe? i THINK thats what the site is . . im too lazy to double check right now lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
On their website, the New Lightning comes in a either a 4-bolt 4x114.3mm or 8-bolt 4/100 4/114.3 with an offset of +38mm, for what appears to be 17x7.5 and 18x7.5. The only thing you'd need is some rolled fenders because there's no way a 38mm offset 7.5" wide wheel would fit without rubbing the fender.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Yeah Ilans wheels were very close to that! For what it costs you would be further ahead to change wheels instead of hub conversion!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts