Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any compatible lights out there for a 94 Elantra Base? I am looking for clear headlights (euro style) and the custom taillights. I know that some parts are interchangable with other make/model cars so I was wondering if anyone had a good place to go to find out. I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find a thing. I saw a Toyota Tercel the other day (earlier model) that had some taillights on it and they look abot the same as mine but I don't know the year or if they would actually fit. Thanks for any help you can give.

Scott

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got it posted in about 3 places right now. Here and in Hyundaiperformance.com. Just no luck yet. I have an extra set at home that I might have to try to figure something out. Maybe you know, if you took off the glass/plastic cover of the lenses (break it off or get the sealer off what kind of product could use to reseal it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What exactly is it supposed to do? Is it like a adhesive or sealant? Let me know how your come out and what you use. I am very interested in that. Post some pics if you can. I can't stand mine but they don't seem to make them at all for my year so I am either stuck or like everyone else in these forums, if they don't make them improvise and make it yourself. Thanks for the reply.
Scott

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Welcome to the Hyundai world Scottw03

If you don't make it yourself or have help making it, it just doesn't exist.

What you can do is throw your taillights or headlamps into the oven for 10 - 15 minutes to loosen the glue, then use a small screw driver and pry the plastic away. Get some tinted plexiglass(or whatever else you want)and heat it till its moldable, and mold it to your taillamp or headlamp surround.

actually I think i just found my newest mod hmmmmm

shawn :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts