Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just ordered tiburon multi gauge and wanted to know who got installed.

How hard is it to DIY?

Any info plz :bowdown:

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
EVERYONE TOLD ME BACK IN FEBRUARY THAT IT COULD NOT BE DONE...BUT I REFUSED TO LISTEN.... ;)

man....I have the friggin 04 elantra electrical book at home and the 04 tib book and spent hours trying to figure it out. OUR CARS DO NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE PROPER CAN INTERFACE SIGNAL FROM THE ECU THAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE TIB GAUES TO WORK. However, I am obsessed with multigauges and still hold onto hope that i would find a way to make it work. :(

I finally broke the multigauge and kept the front bezel/faceplat with hopes of putting my own gauges in it. :tongue:

good luck

If you get it to work..LET ME KNOW :bowdown: , i WILL BE THE NEXT TO DO IT...maybe the 2005 KDM ELANTRA gauges will be easy to install???

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Yea, what 04Elantra said... I backed out of this attempt and bought an aftermaket DIN sized gauge holder. This project kinda lost interest to me though, maybe someday I'll come back to it, when I've got the cash to spend on 3 more autometer gagues.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
It really is looking like the KDM cars have a lot more options when it comes to the interior....

Unless you got a hold of a KDM ecu with the extra pins and wired the controls in, I really don't think this is a possibility.

Well unless you made your own ecu :X

shawn :)

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
hmmmmm....would a KDM ECU bolt right in and then we would just have to create/extend the pins for the non-US signals...hmmmm???????????

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the all the info from Korea, on Korean XD, 1.5 can't work but we all here are 2.0
They were talking about manual and auto. Auto trans work 100%, now some 5sp guys made it too. I have to see it but it depends on ECM(ECU) connector looks.
If it's same as there's, it will work. I hope.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Good luck, have to remember that the tuscani/tiburon's are pre wired with the wires from Hyundai to accept the mulitguages.

All the Tib owner has to do is rip out some panels, and pull some wires and make a harness.

In Korea, the wires are attached to the radio with tape (for easy install)

So good luck :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
hmmmm how many extra wires would these need
i have 2 wires in my stereo plug that weren't shown on webtech.....i wonder

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
there are 12 pins from multi gauge. 3 are useless, 9 wires should be hooked up to ECU, instrument cluster, stereo wires.
2 for torque, 2 for light, 1 ground, 1 battery, 1 ignition switch, 1 injector sensor,1 speed sensor.
The hard part is torque which you have to hook up on ECU.
Other 2 gauge have worked fine. I never saw my ECU pins yet.
If it's same as Korean 2.0, it will work. If it's different, torque gauge won't work.
BTW, you have to make own 12 pins to hook up wires to multi gauge.
Some people say you can use computer parts, but I bought it from NT.com member who sells.
I ordered multi gauge on teamsr.org and multi gauge cover from kspec.com on same day.
It's been a week but still didn't get any.

·
Registered
638 Posts
another thing i noticed whebn i had dash out is spare plug tied up towards back of dash not going anywhere - anyone know what this is?

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance, but can someone post a link to a photo of the multigauge? I want to see what makes this thing so desireable.

-Roy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts