Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... ive got some issues here with my car as far as driveability with just installing the larger injectors and trimming them back so that the car drives like stock. ive got srt4 injectors (stage 1 which are 577cc at 58psi) which are technically 500cc at 43 psi i believe. ive got issues when i throw the cars into neutral or rev it, it wants to stall out when the rpms drop down to the idle point. its not running rich acorrding to the wideband but im wondering if the injector response time is to blame???

Anyway im wondering if anyone wants to collaberate and make a base map for future users and to help each other solve drivability problems...

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
jesus thats a lot of fuel. wtf are you running?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well the srt4 stage 1 injectors i have are actually 530cc at our stock 49.8psi fuel pressure. ive got a td04h-15g that i plan to run to about 15-17 psi depending on if the 91 pump gas will even come close to supporting 15-17 psi. right now the wastegate is set for 6 psi.

The only thing stopping me from really trying to tune the car is the drivability issues right now. the rpms "bottom out" or go below the 750 and the car almost stalls sometimes when putting the car in neutral after being in a gear. sometimes it will stall out though.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
I never had that issue. you need to hook up a datalogger to see what your fuel trims are. its possible your OEM ECU is trimming the fuel and getting the idle air controller involved when it shouldn't be.

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts
I can do for you. Let me work on it on my down time at work and see what i can do for ya and i'll get back to you tonite.

Like Keyan said you need to get a datalogger and check everything. One problem i had with one of my cars was that the fic wasn't reading any o2 values. so make sure everything is right. no o2 will cause lean spots during light throttle and sometimes bottoming out.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
^^^ the fic doesn't read o2 values to control fuel.

it alters the o2 signal to the ecu so the ecu doesn't alter fuel trims. which is a completely optional feature. i didn't even hook that wire up and i still ran fine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

it alters the o2 signal to the ecu so the ecu doesn't alter fuel trims. which is a completely optional feature. i didn't even hook that wire up and i still ran fine.
yah it just reads rpm and absolute pressure. im not sure why its doing this stalling issue. it IS wired it 100% correct, as i spent a bunch of time on it and i had a good wiring diagram with me.

Alright, small update. -53 or -54 % seems to keep the ecu somewhat happy for starting the vehicle and driving around town. Again this is for SRT-4 Stage one injectors (577cc). these injectors are almost like 530cc injectors on our 49.8 psi stock fuel pressure. The srt4 stock fuel pressure is 58 psi.
i havn't confirmed this with a scantool yet with the short and long term fuel trims yet but so far via the wideband it seems ok. ill let you guys know more when i barrow an Ethos scan tool ($5000 scantool ) from a friend tomarrow.

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts

So if the fic doesn't send a signal to the ecu on what o2 ur wanting to send what do u think the ecu is gonna do? the ecu is trying to figure out what happened to its o2 readings. causing the ecu to either add fuel or cut fuel more than likely cut fuel causing lean spots. You can change the voltage you want to send to the ecu, but if the fic isn't sending the signal in the first place then you have other problems. I have both o2 sensors hooked up as well as the wideband hooked to the fic.

Not saying that the wiring is wrong at all mine was 100% correct, the fic just wasn't sending a o2 signal back to the ecu. Do you have the datalogger from aem?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So if the fic doesn't send a signal to the ecu on what o2 ur wanting to send what do u think the ecu is gonna do? the ecu is trying to figure out what happened to its o2 readings. causing the ecu to either add fuel or cut fuel more than likely cut fuel causing lean spots. You can change the voltage you want to send to the ecu, but if the fic isn't sending the signal in the first place then you have other problems. I have both o2 sensors hooked up as well as the wideband hooked to the fic.

Not saying that the wiring is wrong at all mine was 100% correct, the fic just wasn't sending a o2 signal back to the ecu. Do you have the datalogger from aem?
yah you can use the 02 feature, but if you're just setting up idling and pulling fuel for the larger injectors you shouldn't need to use the 02 feature if your stft and ltft are zero'd out

yah you can use the 02 feature but just for setting up idling and pulling fuel for the larger injectors you shouldn't need to if your stft and ltft are zero'd out

So for the wideband are you using just a wideband sensor wired into the aux wires on the fic?? or the aem wideband gauge and o2 sensor wired to the fic?? i havn't looked into it much but can you input just a wideband sensor input into the fic on the aux gauge?

·
Forced Induction Junkie
518 Posts
i have the uego wired to the fic. If you don't have any of the o2 sensors wired up to the fic then this doesn't apply.
the car will run without o2 readings. but for driving without o2 readings i had lean spots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
me podrian ayudar para hacer un mapa para un elantra 98 1.6, tengo el aem pero no se como puedo hacer que trabaje de forma normal el motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts