Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
the cai for the last gen tib is not for the 01-03 elantra. the route that the elantra uses is different. the engine is the same, but the elantra xd has the first cat very close to the engine, causing extreme heat around the engine. the intake for the 97-01 sits almost next to the engine. it will fit the elantra with manual tranny, but by the time air gets into the intake pipe, the air will be all heated up.

if you are willing to spend money for AEM, i suggest you try Injen. they got a CAI for Tiburon 4-cyl, which will fit our car perfectly.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a CAI already, but it isnt CARB legal in CA.

But is the AEM or INJEN intake CARB legal in CA, that is my question, i dont really mind what brand.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Switch back to your stock intake and get it smog then. I wonder if the Accord intake would be legal.

·
hard face
71 Posts
I'm using the tibi intake and I don't have any problems with heating it,and I also have headers. I drive 32 miles to work and when I get there I can touch the intake and it is not even warm.

·
Registered
384 Posts
AEM intakes are all CARB exempt. That's one of the reasons you pay more for them (aside from the filter and fittings being higher quality)

·
Registered
231 Posts
gerardoleroy said:
I'm using the tibi intake and I don't have any problems with heating it,and I also have headers. I drive 32 miles to work and when I get there I can touch the intake and it is not even warm.
exactly. you have headers. you got rid of that first cat, which creates so much heat because it's so close to the engine (it is good for emissions though)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes, ALL AEM systems are CARB exempt. As long as they have a CARB sticker it's fine. If you get pulled over, a cop isn't going to check the model number to see if it corresponds to your particular car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
quick question... sorry for thread stealing if I do but:

Would an injen intake designed for the 2003 Tibi V6 work on an 04 Elantra GT?

the model number for the injen intake is RD1375.

Thanks, Black04GT

·
Registered
31 Posts
Faraco, technically the CARB EO# is specific to the car. So no, thre are no CAIs for the Elantra that is CARB exempt. Yes, if you get pulled over, the officer may or may not check on the EO#. In regards to smog check, unless you are good friends with the tech, the tech will run the EO# to see if its a valid EO#. I live in N. CA and I know where you are coming from.

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
yes..a v6 CAI will work on the late 03 SULEV + 2.0 cars. We hve a guy in Vegas that put a 2.7 CAI on his 2.0.

and the carb #s are for the 2.7....the carb # for the GT Tibs just came out about 4 weeks ago, till then it was pending.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts