Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to midas today to get my alignemt fixed cause they did a half ass job last time so they had to finish fixing it, and the guy who was checking the shit says i need a new inner tire iron, i'm like whatever, and then he said i have to goto the dealer, then the mofo tells me "why did you buy this car? what is so good about it?" he was a nice guy, but man i wanted to pop him one, even if it was a shitty ass car u dont say that to a customer, that place have been nothing but trouble since the first day i went there, thats it, never going there again.

does anybody know if the inner tire iron prob is under warrenty, cause the prob is my wheel is not straight ever since the alignment, and today i saw it shakes on the left tire when he was trying to align it, and he said i need a new one, i am not familiar with it, so was wondering if anybody know what i can do about this. thanks...

·
Registered
687 Posts
you mean a tierod?? If so then no you would be the first

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno, it might be a tirerod, i think one guy said tirerod and the other said tire-iron,....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
He is talking about the inner tie rod end. I do sell quite a few of these, but I would take it to another shop for a second opinion. If you have ever hit a curb or a pothole REALLY hard, it is possible that it is already bad. By the way, what year is the car? If you are still in the bumper to bumper warr. it may be covered.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah its a 01 gls, with 43k or so miles, so i think i am still under bumper to bumper warrenty till 50k right? well if i can get it fixed by the dealer for free that would be awsome... thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
last time i told them it pulls to the left they said the wheel needed to be balanced, what if they tell me the same thing... then should i tell them i was told by midas that? cause i did see it shake on the left side when they had it up on the alignment track, and didnt on the right, and i have hit that car on a curb slipping on the snow a while back this was like 2yrs ago prob more.... so i dunno if that did some damage... i dunno, all the prob have to come up when there is no money... damn it!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Tell you what... Go back to midas, put the car back on the rack and go grab the right side. It'll shake too. There is a little slack in the front end due to the rubber in the rak mounts and strut mounts. Those kind of places always make it look like there is more wrong with your car than there really is. I would just tell the dealer that you are having a problem with the car pulling and let them go to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks, i will try that, see what the dealer says....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts