Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a curb and popped my airbag. I've replaced the clockspring and airbag but not the front impact sensor.

I purchased a SRS computer from an undeployed '06 (I have an '04). The part number matches up but the version information is different. The original one is 2.0 where as the new replacement is version 4.2.

When I turned the car back on the airbag light went off for about 2 seconds then stays on.

Can someone tell me if the front impact sensor is not self-resetting and that's most likely why the SRS light is still on? Or is the version 2.0 and 4.2 computers the issue?

If I can figure this out without having to into the dealership just to find out which code is going off that would be great! I believe having the dealership pull the code is going to be between $60-100 and probably $100-200 if they need to reflash it (I will put the original back in for diagnosing first).

Thanks for any help!

Original and then the new one - just noticed there is an 03 and 07 number on the left too.
old.jpg new.jpg

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
It may be the version of the SRS system. The ECU can be reflashed for the new version though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts