Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the car junk yard and found an elantra with header on it was wondering if the header from this model will fit. I looked up the models and it looks like the 96-00 moddle year. I have a 06 elantra gt. I was wondering if the header will fit the XD (01-06) model engines.
I will post some picutres when I get a chance.
Any information will help.

·
The Euro Guy
1,117 Posts
96-00 does not have a alpha engine, it has the beta1

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
It will physically bolt on but you may have fitment problems since the beta1 had a different oil pan.

·
Final Fantasy 7=Teh Sex
3,840 Posts
The only difference is the metal used, other the that the oil pans are the same dimensions.

·
Vtec what?
350 Posts
yea those will work, they look like the ebay tib headers, take the flexpipe and all if they don't want alot for it. i thought you were talking about a stock 97-99 manifold which is pretty much a cheap 4 2 1 header

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Didn't Fordfasterr have a J2 header on his XD? So this was already established to work, although maybe not for the XD2...

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
It was a 1.8 liter exhaust manifold from the elantra/tib that didn't have the cat on the manifold. He used that straight to a 2.25" exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just picked them up and they only cost me $20.06.
I was wondering how much power will I gain from these headers?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not much. Low single-digits unless you have a full compliment of other bolt-on modifications. High single-digits if this is the last thing you could possibly bolt on. Still, for $20 you can't complain eh! SCORE!

The sound will be VERY different. The Butt Dyno will read higher.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
you'll have a noticeable gain in the higher RPM's the sound is going to be a huge difference and the cool thing is you'll have a HEADER (No S there) under your hood to show off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I already have an Intake installed.
weapon r secret weapon with the ram air tube
Now soon headers and exhaust.

Does anyone have suggestions on what brand/type of exhaust to get? Is there ones that will give more power over others?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went and talk to someone at one of the local exhaust shops. Showed him my headers and asked what are my options. He ball parked about $700+. I was wondering if any of you who have done a header and exhaust setup do you pass emissions and what did you need to do to get it to pass?

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
700 for an exhaust? HAH! you can get a catback for 300 or so online.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
700 for an exhaust? HAH! you can get a catback for 300 or so online.
This is true, and even if you need a cat adapter pipe, or straight pipe, that won't cost much of anything to make.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts