Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people just a heads up, Alpine is/has a SC for the Beta II, and maybe Beta I, I dunno I can not access the Korean site from here right now.

I know you people are going to say we already knew that...Nope this is not the same one the pictures look nothing like the one that Xorro has on here RD tiburon in the UK this looks like the new Apline unit for the Tuscani/Tiburon cept for a I4 :)

link: SC

Good luck :D

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
After looking at pics of Xorro's car, your link and the Alpine site I really think those are all the same and it is the "old" kit that didn't make the HP #'s that people were expecting based on the price.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
2GTS said:
After looking at pics of Xorro's car, your link and the Alpine site I really think those are all the same and it is the "old" kit that didn't make the HP #'s that people were expecting based on the price.
I am wondering if the beta 2 kit is different than hers? From the pictures Spike has, it looks as there are 2 head gaskets, which causes a problem. They leak between the gaskets.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I don't like using a spacer. A thick head gasket is available to use in cases like this.

I emailed Xorro to find out more info. I'm thinking that the beta kit is different than the beta 2 version since the XD motor has a map sensor (xorro's car is a 1998) rather than a maf sensor. I wonder if the output is whp rather than crank hp.

I got back with Zoe on her sc setup. From what I hear, there could be two issues at the root. 1 is the boost level, which a smaller sc pulley solves. Her current sc pulley is approx 8 cm which sounds a bit big. Changing that to a smaller pulley should solve the problem. The other issue is the CR. Adding a spacer might be too much of a drop in CR to have the power you need. If you were going with a 12-15 psi boost level, then a spacer would be recommended, but I prefer dished pistons.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
that same pic used in on that website is taken directly from the prehistoric alpine site...

also, i've found that same pic on one of alpines australian re-sellers and it claims that its actually a 1.8L engine ! LOL

no wonder the power output levels are so much lower...

i wonder if anyone actually has one installed on their 2.0L beta 2 with pictures... ????

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I was told there was one for the Beta 2 engine, but when I looked, it was for the beta 1.

I was told this one would fit. Any confirmation on that?

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
Actually with a supercharger, you don't necessarily need a intercooler. A buddy of mine has 2 sc engines without intercoolers and hes getting about 750 hp from each one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts