Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know alpine has a stage 0 turbo kit that does not have the intercooler which would be about as easy to install as the s/c but the whole thing is the intercooler piping has not been adapted to the engine bay of the elantra on a daily driver yet ( no one has come forward with a solution) turbo involves more tuning to get it just the way you like it... the s/c ( once alpine irons out all the kinks) is more of a bolt on imo...s/c is more of a linear power boost from idle...etc....
If I was to put supercharger back in my 2013 Elantra I would move the alternator to the back where there's a spot on my engine for it to go and put my supercharger there that way it would keep everything cooler cuz I had mounted it in there in the back and I'm by the exhaust and I was running about 200 air temperature going into the engine ..no good ..but I was also getting about 500 horsepower out of it I would run with the new Camaros and the new mustangs with the sports packages I couldn't beat them but they couldn't shake me and of course my supercharger was only a 500 AMR with a downsized pulley on it and she was a screamer.. custom tuned throttle body ,cold air intake, factory header catback,custom muffler and made the outlet same size as inlet ,because it was smaller , performance chip, and throttle commander and feed the ecu with custom pids with torque app....I ended up taking out because it was to much for this car at the moment cuz it is all stock other than what I listed...I would have ended up blowing the engine and detonating the transmission that is only rated for about 300 hp at max...there is plenty of room for everything....my hind sight is 20/20 now and know exactly where to put it and run piping.this is my first experience with this type of mod...I need to think about using a waste gate instead of 2 blow off valves ...one had the vacuum ran to it and the other I modified the springs in it so they would work together controlling the ingoing air pressure so as not to be putting excess pressure on your valves, because that can be an ugly situation....I am by no means an expert, but I do know by trial and error...I did this all on just a whim read about it while doing it...I had zero experience in turbos or sc...sc is cheaper and easier to adapt and tune. Turbo is more costly,has to be fine tuneda Lil harder to fit in....sc is like power on demand and turbo is totally customizable to an extent.,,they both have there limitations, but I can tell you you can get all the horse power you will ever need out of a supercharger for this car......I'm going to eventually do this again...knowing what I know now...I. going to do all new seals port and polish, cam...I'm not going to go crazy on it...it's only a 1.8...only thing is what to do about transmission...I may have to go bigger engine regardless for the sake of a tranny holding up to all the horsepower
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.