Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Alter Master Window Lock Switch

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smileymattj 
#1 ·
Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section or not, so steer me right if needed.
I thought there used to be an HD section here but all I see is the MD+.

I've searched and can't find an answer to this problem.

Well, it's more of an annoyance, really. Especially if my wife is driving:)

I have an '08 Elantra HD. I would like to alter the master lock switch so that it cannot lock the front passenger window when activated. Has this been done before?
Or does someone have a link to the wiring diagram for that particular system?
I can't find a wiring diagram for it and do not want to pay a subscription to hyundaitechinfo.com just for that. Maybe someday, I'll need it, but not today. She still runs like a dream:)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 ·
I believe the lock-out is within the switch itself, not the wiring. Meaning, if I'm right, you can't do what you want to do.

#5 ·
I've been in the wiring of a few too many cars lately to remember exactly the way the Elantra is hooked up. I will present an option to look into though.

Go unplug the harness for your passenger window switch. See if the window will still go up/down with the driver's switch. If so, what you could do is clip the wires going to the passenger window switch (and cap them), then directly wire the switch to operate that window motor (bypassing the master switch on the driver's side). You'll likely need a relay or two, as I'm sure the window switch can't carry the current on its own.

#6 ·
The Altron window relay kit. Changed the door lock function to allow the driver to control the windows and only lock out the passenger switches.

This was accomplished by wiring and relays.
You could also modify the board itself. Does soldering sound like something you would be willing to tackle?

I think the Altron kit was only made for XDs.

I believe it can be done, but you're going to need to have good electrical experience to do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.