Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any aluminum dash/interior kits around for an 04 gt?

just curious, cause if not, I'm gonna hit up the shop near my house to make me one out of aluminum in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
you could paint your dash with aluminum color paint I did my old car a while back it came out good but when I clear coated it looked like silver maybe a autobody guy would know of paint to use, as for a shop to make a dash kit for your car i'm sure it will be big $$ and prob won't look good

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Aluminum dash board? painting the dash board? I disagree with both. You are not worried about the aluminum heating up in the sun? I have seen aluminum floor board panels sold at local discount auto places. check pep boys!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I REALLY don't want a stick on kit. Something about using tape inside my car that's not electrical... doesn't feel right.

I think I'm gonna wind up painting first, then if I really don't like it, I'll try the interior kit from aluminum.

Oh, and yeah, it's just the dash fascia.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I painted some silver accents on my dash. I think it came out great. Check my profile page for pics

shawn :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sed...

we all know your car is hot

...your my hero.

:)

ps. not sarcasm, seriously, you're like me hero in custom mods for the Elantra.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
lol

whats that music?

"You are the wind beneath myyy wiiiingggsss"

Thanks for the compliment, too bad I'm about 10% done with my car.

Wonder what you will say when I am 100%???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when you're 100% done, I'm afraid it's gonna look like the delorian from Back to the Future, with shit that pops up and scares the hell out of everyone who hasn't seen your car before.

j/k

Can't wait to see it when you're done.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Thats great...

but if you want to talk about my car, let me know and I'll make an off topic or something.

Getting back on topic.

I really think that you will be pleased with TOUCHES of aluminum or silver in your car. IMHO When you paint everything it looks gawdy.... Like, painting the entire dash bezel, the guage bezel, shifter bezel, all one color, it just looks out of place.. If you just accent the dash you already have with a complementing color, the effect is MUCH nicer.

once again, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know, but I'm almost afraid that if/when I see SED's car, it's gonna be like a jack in the box, and I'm gonna piss myself.

oh, and I'm buying the paint tomorrow.

I'm gonna do the vents, the power controls (just the controls), and some other parts.

any comments on other places I should paint?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts