Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
Sweet! He needs to put some decent rims on that buggy.

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
and power it off of the methane recovered from the horses a$$!

·
1,674 Posts
I think it's funny but feel bad for the kid. You can tell he would love to stay with the Amish faith but still have all his technology. I would be torn as well if I was devoted to my faith that much.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
central ohio? no...60 miles outside of central ohio? probably...theyre everywhere by my grandmas, which i have to drive over an hour to get to

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I wonder how how he powers it.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
you all are missing the point. He is facing a hard choice. He can always leave the Amish, but if he does, he can't go back.

I don't recall the bible saying don't find more efficient ways of working. So I truly don't understand how Amish see that their way of life is religious based. But I am no expert on religions. I guess that's why there is jokes about baptists don't know about other religions, and I don't get them.

·
Resident "Emo" Kid
3,526 Posts
It's just how they are. There are such things as "electric/technological" Amish, but they arn't recognized by the faith...of course.

But really, their work is amazing. I would take anything hand-built by the Amish before even thinking of even looking at something machine built.

·
12,676 Posts
^ yep!

my grandparents house has an upper and lower level walk out in the back...when they moved in, the deck for the upper level was junk. probably 40 years old, falling apart...they had the amish add on to the roof, and redo part of the deck...it looks like the house came that way

my grandpa was saying they wont own a car, but theyre more than willing to ride in yours to get supplies...they wont own a phone, but they'll use yours to make a call if needed. it made me chuckle

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
I love making fun of the amish on the internet. It's not like they'll ever find out.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
The amish in Ohio and the Amish in Pa are Very,VERY different......I have worked with both and let me tell you that they aren't even close. If they are in Pa and ride in a black top buggy forget it you might as well talk to damned horse. The yellow top means they have some communication with the outside world and wil work for a buck and the white top buggies b]mean they will use anything you have just not own it themselves

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Kingpin is a great movie.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

·
12,676 Posts
im watching the show now. funny stuff

1 - 20 of 31 Posts