Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AngelBaby goes Bye Bye :( PICS ADDED...

I know I haven't been on for awhile, been busy... but on Friday, the AngelBaby legacy was crushed... literally.

I have pics, but they're not loaded yet. She got into a fight w/an Expedition and didn't win. Didn't even come close! The adjuster said that it's probably close to $8500 worth of damage, so they might just total her out. The saddest part? My carbon fiber hood was nearly cracked in half :( My bumper was sitting in the middle of the highway. The best part? I wasn't hurt too badly. And the front end of my body kit still wasn't on. So I will be able to sell the entire kit (partially painted).

I will be listing all of my aftermarket parts for sale within the next couple of weeks. And will probably no longer be part of the Hyundai community. I was very impressed with the way she reacted though. Airbags deployed only on my side. No side airbags since it was a front end collision only. And it crumpled the way it should have. The seat belt locked and neither my chest nor my face was touched by the airbag. My arm was burned by the airbag, and I got a neck strain, but other than that, I'm ok.

Just for the people who are curious, it wasn't my fault. To make a long story short, they stopped in the middle of oncoming traffic while trying to make a left into Walmart. I was the lucky one who couldn't stop and hit them dead on while going about 40 mph's or so. They were at a complete stop.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get. Must be 4 doors, safe, 5 speed and customizable :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
B.S. Get another XD!!! Why wouldn't you? One of them saved your life why wouldn't you trust one to do it again if need be? You already have the knowledge and the parts you need also. I'm very glad you weren't hurt BTW but why get a different car?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a huge believer of fate and destiny. I've already been in 2 wrecks w/my GLS, my VIN# had 666 in it... when I was sitting in the ambulence, I saw the woman who sold me my car. For the 1st time since the last time I saw her. That shit's freaky!! I mean I LOVED my car. It might not be a bad idea. But I still have to wait on the final word as far as if it'll be totalled or not...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well yeah, I do see your point there.... That is kinda freaky. However, I still say don't give up on her, with that much damage she is probably history though, even if they do decide to fix her she'll never be the same. I have been in four (yes four!) minor wrecks in my car, and I have sworn on a stack of bibles that I'll never do it again (wreck that is) Take that insurance check and fly like an eagle baby! You'll want to change your signature to PHOENIX though. What insurance co do you have?

·
HID Master
606 Posts
Well, glad to know you're safe, its always a good thing when the car can save your life or save you from being mortally wounded.
Well, now you can have a fresh start at a different car, are you going to go with new or used?

Jason

·
Registered
687 Posts
evil247 said:
Seeing it in person was rough but I am just glad she is ok and that it wasn't her fault.
that is the important thing.glad your ok

·
Poster God
531 Posts
well sorry to hear about your car but at least your ok, well what ever u decide u can always come here and talk with us hyundai owner or not

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Damn Angel that sucks, and just last week I saw you going down Waters Ave at about 5:15. Glad to hear you are okay. And I would agree with everyone else here, get another XD. If you want something with more room look at the Sonata. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
Tis a sad day indeed. :( Sorry to hear about your car Angel, twas a beautiful GLS. It had so much going for it too, was going to be a great XD. Definately consider getting another. If you do decide you're going to sell your aftermarket parts just send me a PM, no need to deal with shipping and I know me and/or my bro would be interested in some of them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey, Angela! I am really sorry to hear what happened. Good thing that you are okay though. Yay!
Definitely consider getting another Elantra. Go with a GT this time. Oh and then you won't need to sell all your aftermarket parts. ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sorry to hear mang... Sucks alot, least your ok...

Take my advice, get your neck checked out by atleast 3 doctors within 2 months of the accident... might not feel bad now... but it can get a hell of alot worse later....

I'm almost 2 years after my accident, neck felt strained for a week, after that... well, I'm about 25% disabled according to ama guidelines and still sue'n the drunk driver that hit me :\

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
damn...that sucks...i know how it feels to get into a pretty bad accident...mine was with a deer and three trees....but my tiburon held up pertty well...hyundais hold up suprising well when tested!....glad you are okay!!! definetly get another XD..you cant beat um!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
AngelBaby said:
Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get. Must be 4 doors, safe, 5 speed and customizable :)
How about 5 doors, 6 speed, and supercharged from the factory w/ hundreds of aftermarket parts available? http://genvibe.com. ;)

Sorry to hear about the wreck though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hey guys, thanks for the nice words. I'm thinking about just getting an 03 GT sedan. Since I was on a pursuit of a damn spoiler forever!! And it would already have the leather. I wouldn't have to sell my parts, and I know how to drive the shit out of an Elantra! I'll let you guys know on Monday prob. In the meantime... here are some pics:

That last one is a pic of the cracked frame!!

Was about to apologize for the triple post, but this new forum won't allow that! How nice...

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
ummmmmmm

hey, nice wheels?

It really sucks what happened, but atleast you get to keep all your mods....
It's like getting the same car back, but with leather and a new car smell :)

I hope the best for the next gen AngelBaby

·
Registered
41 Posts
we're all glad your ok, get another xd/gt, at least make sure it doesnt have 666 on the vin this time. and be carefull out there, i had my first accident in my XD 1/2 hr after i bought it, it was rainy and i rearended a minivan that flew about 8ft after impact, so it was a pretty bad hit, but the car held up, not even a dent , just the lic plate cover was cracked, and the guy was really nice, and he just wiped shit off of it and left. i am hoping i had my accident that day and got it off of my system. well anyways, good luck with ins, and getting the new car whatever it might be, and hope everything is ok with you, take here angelbaby.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts