Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Just the facts please ...
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK ... I know I'm a Kia and your a Hyundai ... but we all have the same blood, so it's just the skin that's different, kinda ... but the drivetrain is the same. Anyway, I've been working on a little project for a couple years now and its almost there, so I decided show it off.

So far it I have this much going:

Perfect Power TF-10
Attlier HP Secondary injector plate with 310cc injectors
CD P-n-P Stage II manifold
58mm TB - Reworked by Max-Bore
Speedfactory manifold - custom with a nice collector
Speedfactory 2.5 " down pipe - ceramic powder coating and heat wrapped
Speedfactory 2.5" Intercooler pipes
Speedfactory 2.5" exhaust
TurboTek BOV -- KDM original
Magnaflow hi-flow cat
Magnaflow resonators - 2x
Same side vertical oriented intercooler
Garrett T3 - 57 trim A/R .48 Air/Water cooled - NIB - has a blanket for the hot side, to protect the alternator
... plus a bunch of other stuff ...

Right now pipes are out getting powder coated a gloss red with a crinkle texture.
Monitoring with an AEM Digital WB and Autometer boost and exhaust temp gauges.

Some pictures of the build are attached ... more coming.

Attachments

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
looking good, i need to show off mine here soon too but i need to add and fix a few things first, i just found out today that my turbo setup runs better on ngk copper plugs. had some issues with the iridiums.

·
Turbo back in!!!
310 Posts
Nice! Looks like you researched throroughly before jumping in the project. Good luck with everything!

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would pop my paints if it got that kind of power. :redface:

I keep hearing about this or that setup making X hp. But when it's finally put on a dyno it's know way near what people were expecting, so I'm set my exceptions kinda low.

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More updates ... BOV install. Will be receiving pressure or vacuum from the engine side of the throttle body. Sits just between the turbo and intercooler.

Attachments

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
mmmm boosted spec 5! is it odd that I loooooove the spec 5 and all of it's awesomeness? I mean people are like gimme an evo or a skyline or something exotic and I'm like gimme a boosted spec 5 and I'm good.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
About time you finally posted. I know you've been working on this for quite some time.

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yea ... but just a few more pipes and its ready to go. Going to be pulling the P&P manifold for powder coating this weekend, install a new South Bend stage 3 K05087-OFE clutch, welded oil pan and hopefully the gauges. I have an AEM digital A/F with an Autometer electric boost and pyrometer. TF10 tuner is already in. The exhaust is going to be upgraded with something a little different, but that can wait ...

Anyone know the torks number for the set screw in the head for oil pressure to turbo?

·
Eldiablo owner
306 Posts
This set-up is really looking nice
i rarely come across a turboed car here that fit my tastes
if you do the rest like you started you'll have more then 200 whp and it will be a fun car to drive

1 - 20 of 32 Posts