Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 UPDATE

Okay, I have neglected to update this post in a good long while. Since 2013, I have been driving a 2002 Mustang GT, and handed the Elantra over to my sister. More recently, she upgraded to a 2010 or so Tucson, and handed the Elantra over to her Boyfriend/lifemate/fiance? long story. It was in okay condition when i last saw it, but now, I wouldn't doubt if its half destroyed. Ill update this when i see it again.
From what I remember, the LED's should be about the same. After a year, the LED light i put in the Mustang trunk kind of dry rotted and fell off, its pending new lighting. The florida heat melted the adhesive, and the below 50 winter nights rehardened it over and over and cracked different spots. it was cheap ebay lights, but the lights themselves still light.
HID's i imagine are still in there. they havent begged me to fix that yet. Intake was returned to stock, minus the resonator. noticed no difference in performance when i did that. I bet the shocks are worn. probably wont see any new ones either.

HID low beams - 8000k 35w slim kit from ddmtuning.com

LED - Gauges (unfinished) marker lights on front, sides and rear. Trunk interior. license plate. map lights, dome light, and underside of front doors.
now finished. Temp and Fuel Gauges are currently blue, while speed and rpm are white like in the picture. I added rediculous interior lighting with LED strips on the ceiling. pictures soon to come.

Lets all hope for the best for this poor elantra.

Avante XD badge on the rear.

sanded and sprayed the stock rims with black engine enamel.

No more cold air intake. went back to short ram intake with a new white/silver spectre cone filter with a breather attached to the crank case. CAI got too dirty in the fender, and its rain season, some parking lots have some deep puddles around here. and i mean DEEP. also changed color because the transmission mount poked a nice little hole in the old one.

Thrush Turbo muffler.

eventually i want to upgrade my shocks/struts to something more fun to handle.

Very usefull mod.

·
Registered
589 Posts
how did you do the door leds? did you make it flush, or are they noticeable when you run your hand under there?

I'm liking it. They're subtle upgrades. I have yet to do any LED lighting.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the led's under the door are relatively flat. they have a 3m tape behind them, so they adhere to the door. i drilled a hole for the wire, and spliced it into the door marker. i always thought those door markers were a waste of battery when the engine is off, hence the led swap all around. the front markers actually give off a lot of light.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the clear doormarkers, so I use them, but I wonder if I could get both to work if i was to try something like this..

It's a great one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'll have to. I want to doa complete LED swap, so my lights are all the same. No OEM, then bright ones. But this is a great idea, just like the LEDs under the side mirrors mod.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Someone has done that mod for the Elantra, I just can't remember who.

I lied, I found it. Here.

If you already had this link then I'm sorry, haha. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was thinking about doing it, but I don't have the tools or time needed any time soon.

A to answer you question from the chatbox I missed last night, I don't have rims. They are the stock steelies and hubcaps painted black to match the car. I'm way too broke for rims right now. Plus the ones I want had a price jump recently.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just installed a new muffler. had the muffler removed for a few days, didnt take long to get sick of all the noise. also felt like a jack*** on the street being that loud and couldnt even pass a camry. thought about a flowmaster 40, but went with the thrush turbo. seems like better flow (than stock), not loud, but has a nice sound to it. im thinkin catback sometime after classes are done in may. also gotta look into a new header. and possibly bottom cat removal.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would love HIDs but I don't like the look of the glare shields. So I'm waiting on upgrading that. It sucks their taking so long though. ): what's next? :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
after looking at alvaro's, im thinkin of plastidipping. i wanna try a thin layer to "smoke" the side markers and plastidip the side trim. if smoking with plastidip doesnt work, ill just try to find someone who will let me use a little bit of that spray tint we have at work. everyone at work is telling me to leave my resonator alone or else ill regret the sound. also tryin to figure out if a new header is worth the money or should it wait til i wanna do a full catback or what. im kinda satisfied with the performance i have right now, cold air intake and new muffler. much better power at 2k rpm than ever before. i can actually pass people now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There's a video of someone who smoked their tails with plastidip. The light still showed through decently and it looked nice. I say go for it.

Ooh, headers? Idk, I don't have one. I can't help you there. ):

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.