Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm planning on losing weight this year, I am going to need to purchase new clothing to fit me as I shrink. I'm at 280lbs right now, so I wear XL and XXL shirts, 42" waist pants, and I'm tall so size 13-14 shoes. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find decent clothing from the brands that I like in my area in those sizes (FOX Racing, Burton, Zoo York, even things like Roca Wear and Sean John). Does anyone know of some reputable dealers of said merch? (Other brands too, just no A&F or Billabong...) Good eBay stores or just simple retailers that ship to Canada.

Thanks in advance for the "Let me Google that for you" post, assholes. If you can't help, **** off. I'm serious this time about the weight loss. The clothing will have alot to do with motivation and self esteem. Right now my goal is to fit into the Corona button-up shirt that I bought 2 years ago... first night I wore that shirt I was called "sexy"... haven't heard that from anyone since I started my current relationship (except from my GF... she's such a trooper...). Come to think of it... I think I'm gonna start a thread to deal with my weight loss journey...

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
pacsun.com Should be able to hook you up. But Most of the brands you posted about come made bigger than normal sizes so you could buy a few shirts 1 size smaller than what you usually wear to help with the Psychological mindset of motivation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wear the XL/XXL shirts and 38/40x32 pants and Old Navy is always good. Roundtree and York shirts are awesome (roundtreeyorke.com or Dillards.com). If you buy at Dillard's, you can usually find some good sales. Target has that Merona brand; their jeans are pretty good (though I really like the Daniel Cremieux jeans best, also sold at Dillards).

Other than that I wear Dickies work shirts for work... they're quite comfy as well.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I have no intention of suggesting clothing sites, or attempting the Google remark. The only thing I have to say is this:

Good luck with your weight loss, I support you 110% in your effort, and if you need a kick in the *** to get back on track, PM me. There is never any failure in weight loss, only set backs. You are only human, so try not to stress out over it too much. And take it one day at a time, one step at a time. It won't happen over night. And again, best of luck to you. If you need motivation, PM me.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Good luck with the weight loss, man. I'm trying to get in better shape for the new year as well.

·
Registered
649 Posts
you are pretty slim compared to me

5'10"
295 lbs
10 1/2 shoe

3X shirts fit ok and 44 waist

but I hear you on the wanting to wear some of your nice older clothes, i'm in the same boat
as far as ordering online I personally haven't done too much except for some T-shirts.

Good luck with the weight loss

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts