Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTRODUCING THE PATENTED AEROTURBINE EXHAUST
Aeroturbine is the world leader in airflow technology. The company spent over three years in Research and Design to develop the new Aeroturbine exhaust technology.

Most vehicles have extreme restrictions on exhaust airflow, which increases exhaust temperatures and decreases engine longevity. The Aeroturbine breakthrough, based on thermodynamics and jet engine technology, literally accelerates the flow of exhaust away from the engine, leading to:

• Reduced Temperatures
  • Increased Horsepower
  • Increased Torque
  • Increased Fuel Economy
  • Less Engine Wear & Tear

I don't know how to post pics on this forum but you can check it out at www.aero-turbine.com

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I don't know, but isn't that basically what a cat-back exhaust does too?

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
That was discussed a little while ago and I'm skeptic that it would be any better than any other muffler out on the market right now. This basically has a restriction right in the middle of the muffler, and they claim that helps performance. Gimics are usually just that a gimic.

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
I just got one installed. The guy at midas told me some stories about it. Mostly people are incredibly happy with the fuel economy they get. Also, it sounds aggressive like a mean mutha. My car roars now. Power gains not too noticeable.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
"Power gains not too noticeable".......doesnt sound special to me!

·
266 Posts
It may just be me since I didn't really notice power gains with any of my engine mods. I may just be looking for something more substantial. But I did go with the split pipe so that may be pulling away some power from the exhaust. But it's about as good as any other muffler I think. More free-flowing than stock I think.

Also, just so you guys know... after about a hundred miles of driving, I'm already noticing my fuel economy is way better. Whon't know for sure until I finish off the tank, but I'm saying about 4 more MPG at least.

·
266 Posts
Custom crushed catback. Stock resonator taken out, Aero turbine in it's place, then the tailpipe splits at about the axle and two tips shoot out the back. You can see pics in the member profiles section.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
even if you do a different exhaust system most likely you will still have an increase in mileage and power.....if you keep your foot out of it!

·
266 Posts
The photos are in the Member Profiles forum. Go to the forums homepage and scroll down. There is a thread called Member Profiles. It's in there.

·
-
471 Posts
It sounds like another overpriced gimmick to me. The whole "jet engine technology" claim is crap. Jet engines use real turbines and burn fuel to power them. There's simply no comparison.

Additionally, they're actually claiming to create "suction" in the exhaust system. This is impossible and even if it was possible, having no backpressure or negative backpressure would be detrimental to performance, as some degree of backpressure is necessary.

If the product is so wonderful, why don't they give a satisfaction guarantee? Why aren't performance car makers flocking to buy them or license the technology?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bnystrom said:
It sounds like another overpriced gimmick to me. The whole "jet engine technology" claim is crap. Jet engines use real turbines and burn fuel to power them. There's simply no comparison.

Additionally, they're actually claiming to create "suction" in the exhaust system. This is impossible and even if it was possible, having no backpressure or negative backpressure would be detrimental to performance, as some degree of backpressure is necessary.

If the product is so wonderful, why don't they give a satisfaction guarantee? Why aren't performance car makers flocking to buy them or license the technology?

well, most race cars are straight pipe's so no need for a muffler

and i don’t care if you are unhappy with em but installing JUST the muffler gave me 4 extra MPG *did several test runs from phoenix to Tucson, 120 miles each way* with average night time temp being between 85-95 both evenings i made the drives

i know i didn’t loose anything in the low end... i have do most all my driving around town between 2k and 4k rpms and everything feels normal there. don’t really punch it too often as it is only a 2.0 L

AND while Aero Turbine may or may not have any satisfaction guarantee’s the company i bought my muffler from on EBay gives a 1 YEAR guarantee and a lifetime warranty... that means in ONE year i can give it back if i don’t like it!

So while everyone is entitled to an opinion, don’t knock it till you try it, and if one member likes it, don’t go tearing down a product because you *don’t like the way it sounds*

P.S. I would be willing to buy a sensor to test exhaust gas speeds on an unmodified exhaust vrs. the new muffler exhaust to see if it does increase gas speed *thus truly SUCKS the gasses*

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
azwildfire said:
P.S. I would be willing to buy a sensor to test exhaust gas speeds on an unmodified exhaust vrs. the new muffler exhaust to see if it does increase gas speed *thus truly SUCKS the gasses*
This will prove nothing except that the stock exhaust is very restrictive. Anything is better than the stock muffler but I don't see any reason why or how this Aerotubine is better flowing than a straight through style muffler. THERE IS A RESTRICTION IN THE EXHAUST PATH and they expect you to think this is a good thing. The only thing any restriction in the muffler will do is change the sound and slow the flow.

·
266 Posts
Well... I have the aeroturbine installed and I'm not sure if it's the muffler or my setup or both combined. I've lost a lot of low end and at times my entire low rpm range is as slow as the 3800-4000 dead spot. I can't accel up hills and my last tank was only about 20-21 mpg. I normally get 25-27.

I guess it's all each man's opinion and experience.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts