Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called Optima and they said they don't make one for Elantras but I am sure there is one that fits. Anybody using a yellow as their main starting battery? What size? If not an Optima, what's a good battery to get for having a huge audio system? My system ended the life of my battery very earlier (about 3 years).

2002 GLS

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Crap, don't say that. My car turns three next month and the original battery's still doing good - knock on wood! :p

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elantra2.001 said:
I have an optima yellow top. I didnt ask about size, i just got the standard size six cell and slaped it in.
Is it secured down with the factory battery holder? Where did you get the battery from?

04 elantra cvvt said:
The battery size is a 24R or 24F. This will get you the size that you need. And all I can say, is that if you got 3 yrs. out of the original battery, you did extremely well. Most only last about 2 yrs. max.
Well, it would've been 3 years this coming december. Plus, I had a system in the car after it was only 4 months old. It's not completely dead yet, but you can tell it's getting there. It starts pretty weak sometimes and it almost didn't start the other day after I gased the car up. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine fit in the factory battery box just fine. I got mine from an autoparts store, i forget which one, but i got it cheap. It's in my trunk now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts