Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there Sammy, sure are people here in the Valley of the Sun. :)

I'm located in Mesa, work in Scottsdale, I know of at least one other member down in Chandler so we are around!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would be cool to one day just have a get together for the Phoenix people, wouldn't race though since my car is just about as stock as they get. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in Glendale so I guess that makes at least 4 of us.

David,

My Elantra doesn't even have the K&N filter you have so other than the stereo system mine is bone stock.

Well it's not really mine it's my wife's and I have a Tiburon. Would have loved to have gotten a manual on the Elantra but she was against it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
hey whats up im the new guy to the site, and i live in mesa arizona so if anyone is up for crusin , let me know i got a 03 elantra with a full manifold back exhaust and a injen custom cold air intake, fast and a decent car, alot still in the works ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally moved in. Well I see some Elantras here but donno who is who.
May be we should meet up someday.
Oh, it's really hot here.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nothing wrong with driving during daytime. I have never overheated sitting in rush hour traffic in the middle of July (the hottest) with my a/c full blast. The XD can handle the heat - at least mine can. You have a/c right? (a prerequisite in AZ - along with tint) Oh, and don't forget to have your radiator flushed on a regular basis to keep things running cool. Now that I think about it, the thing that this heat is the hardest on (besides your paint - keep it waxed) is your battery. Might wanna keep a set of jumper cables handy ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Driving my car... well, my XD can handle the heat, but me. I never been hot area like this. I can't believe garage is hot too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never even saw M3 here. No Benz, No Lexus, No BMW...(I mean few) Such a nice place to live compare to Los Angeles. I hated to see the young kids driving those cars.
Just the heat... ;)

·
Registered
883 Posts
You're right, there definitely aren't many Beamers & Benzes in Goodyear or Avondale. You gotta go to the eastside to see those, like Scottsdale. I remember going to ASU and being jealous of all of the yuppies driving these hot rides paid for by their rich daddies. Oh well, maybe I will be in one someday. Not anytime soon though, I just bought this in Chandler

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Good for you. I wish I can have like that house. Now, I just wanna wash my car by myself but living in Apt is not that cool. Let's have some carwash meeting at your new HOME~ ;)

·
Registered
883 Posts
I absolutely hated washing my car in an apt parking lot. This new home has a water softener for the inside, along w/ ro. I'm going to put a hose spicket on the softener so that I can wash my car with soft water. The water in AZ is very hard otherwise, leaves lots of spots if you don't dry it right away. Can't wait. As for a car wash meeting, funny, I'll wash yours if you wax mine :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I will supply the waxes. My wax is Maguire? step 1,2,3. It's not easy to wax 3 times after car wash. But, if you let me wash my car at your place once a month (may be more LOL), I will definitely wax your car! ;)

1 - 20 of 445 Posts