Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the club.
well i am not 100% if this applys to the 04 or not, but for 01-03 this is how to do it, got these from egtclub: and keep searching, most of what you wanna do, i'm sure somebody have done before, and asked before....

1 Remove ashtray
2 Remove the two screws behind the ashtray and the two facing up, in front of the gauges
3 Starting at the bottom where the ashtray is, gently pull until clips begin to pop off
4 Pull until all clips around the dash piece are out.
5 Put steering wheel all the way down and lock there for now
6 Remove plugs going into the dimmer switch, clock, caution lights, and any other instrument in those areas.
7 DOES NOT require removal of cigarette lighter, or removal of the plug, just leave it alone.
8 Take the left side of the dash and carefully flip it over the steering wheel
9 It should easily be able to go over the wheel and just lay in the passenger seat.
10 Now you have access to the radio, the gauges, anything you can think of that you would to get behind there for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah its a big panel to take out, but after you take it off, the whole dash is open for you to do what ever you want, i wasnt too crazy about it at first, but now i am used to it, and can pop it out in less than 2 min. good luck...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Someone correct me if im wrong, but on the '04 isnt the dash now in two parts? I have an '02 and its one big piece, but looking at the '04 dash, I would take a guess that they have changed it.

Again, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
TheBlackshinobi said:
Someone correct me if im wrong, but on the '04 isnt the dash now in two parts? I have an '02 and its one big piece, but looking at the '04 dash, I would take a guess that they have changed it.
Again, I could be wrong.
I have an 04, and it's all one piece. I think it took me a total of 15 minutes to install the radio in mine from start to finish.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Yup, it's one piece, and I can take the whole thing apart in like a minute, no joke. It's super easy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have an 02 but i had trouble getting the left most side off, more specifically the flat part to the left of the steering wheel that comes off at a 90 degree agnle (i was able to get my head unit in with that piece still stuck on), but was wondering if i should pry it off, or will it break? It seemed stuck on pretty well and i didn't want to break it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts