Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinkin I might add an EQ (at least 5-band, maybe 9 or 11) to my system and wanted to get the thoughts of those people on the board with EQs or those with high-end systems who decided not to install equalizers.

Right now I have Infinity Kappa components in the front door and Kappa 3-way 6x9s (with passive crossovers) in the rear. I amp amping the speakers (probably with an Infinity or ADS amp--which will give me some degree of parameter controls, right?).

Do I need an equalizer?

·
Poster God
531 Posts
well all the eq will do is help tailer the sound more it wont harm it just help improve spots that need to improve. are u looking for one i have a 7 band eq for sale, it has a polished face on it also and all i am asking is 35 bucks its a Lanzar E750S so if your interested just pm me or post here. i worked really good just took out the system cause going to have a baby in like 2 weeks. here is a pic

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer and advice, but I was looking for something that is 1/4 Din size (like the Kenwood 4042) so that it could be mounted inside the flip-door GT radio bezel I have for my stereo.

Again, thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
I had an Audio Control 4.1 in my truck, mounted in dash right below my head unit, loved it!
http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/InDash/Four1i.html
Too bad you went with Infinity components. I hated the highs they produced. Swapped them w/ Polk Audio db series - an amazingly better difference. I have sold the eq, but the Polk's are for sale. Good luck w/ your system.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
why infinitys did you have...I bought the Infinity Kappa 60.5CS Frequency response is 45Hz-21kHz ...I can still return them and get the Kappa Perfect 6.1 (75Hz-23kHz)

I just need components that can take 100 watts RMS and a peak over 200 watts so the amp doesnt pop them.

What about the Infinity highs bothered you?

·
Registered
883 Posts
The highs sounded tinny, hollow, no depth, too loud, heart my ears. That was a while ago, I don't remember the specific model but didn't go with a diff model of infinity because installer said that was just the way infinity's are. Yes, times change, but the Polk's still kicked a$$. I just bought a set of Polk's for the home and they blow any Bose system outta the water. Did you listen to the speakers b4 you bought them? If so, then don't worry about it, they must have sounded good enough, right? I made the mistake of not listening to them 1st, had bought them online. Now I check 'em out first in person then look online for best deal.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just that it has to be smaller than that 1/4 Din in length to fit in the space under the radio surround (the GT pocket is actually an inch or two smaller than DIN because of the hinges for the door, etc)...check out the Kenwood model I mentioned and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Eq's can damage a signal and make it worse, they can introduce noice into a otherwise clean system. Quality in all products is the key and its still true, you get what you pay for.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i have the eclipse hidaway dsp 2103...running off my 8051...its perfect! eclipse makes awsome electronic components....they make regular eq's other then the hidaway's...look into them! there not that expensive either! ;)

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only1DB, how hard is it to add/integrate that Eclipse 2301 (you meant that instead of 2103, right?) into your audio system? Are there lots of wires? Is it hard to adjust or get the right settings?

You got any opinions on the eclipse 21000 or EQ2102?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts