Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torque is a cool android app, works off OBD2 port via Bluetooth adapter, Gives you real time data including instant MPG to adjust your driving style. Avail on Droid market on you phone. See the pic in my profile gallery

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn't know the torque app displayed instant mpg, must look into this. Considering an ultragauge right now too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah no sense in spending the extra money for an ultragauge if you already have a Droid, for less than 40.00 you can be doing the same thing and probably more with the dagnostics and tons of customizeable real time information.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the info, trying to grab one of those adapters for cheap. Lots of auctions right now

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Now I'm interested. I had considered getting a scangauge before, mainly just because it's another gadget and realtime fuel mileage would be neat. If I can get a bluetooth OBD2 adapter for $20, then the software, that would be way less. Hell, I could buy a used 2nd Android device to just leave in the vehicle and still be money ahead of the scangauge.

depending on the gauges in the App - you could put an android tablet in (like this one) and have a pretty-sweet customizeable in-vehicle dashboard.

Actually, one of the cheap, counterfit chinese Android tablets, with a USB bluetooth adapter would get the job done, and that could be had for under $100

·
Registered
47 Posts
I gave up on the auctions and did a buy it now on ebay for under $17. The seller claims 13 month warranty so I figure that's a pretty good deal. With the price of the app that's under $25. Thanks for the tip will report back in 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My elm327 bluetooth device arrived on Friday so I bought the torque app and have been messing with it a little over the weekend. So far everything works good but I don't have all of the gauges configured yet. Its amazing how much the instant mpg fluctuates with minor acceleration.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My elm327 bluetooth device arrived on Friday so I bought the torque app and have been messing with it a little over the weekend. So far everything works good but I don't have all of the gauges configured yet. Its amazing how much the instant mpg fluctuates with minor acceleration.
Yeah it's cool, you will now notice your MPGs are better going down hill using the cruise control rather than turn it off. I drive more with my right thumb than my right foot LOL. My Elantra is a limited so I no longer have a stick shift. Considerable change to my driving style to get the MPGs up to 36. I'm getting better at it. Experiment, have a ball. I live by it everyday driving, you can really see whats going on and make accurate adjustments to your driving style to get the best MPGs for the type of driving you do daily. would have never got 40 -42 out of my Honda FIT without it. Before you turn it on let your Bluetooth phone connect first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts