Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 04 Elantra Gt 5 door. Im just curious if you think buying a CAI kit is worth it or not? Id like to keep things as stock as possible on this car but id also like a touch more horse power to it. HOw much do one of these run by the way? Cause if its reasonable then I may purchase one. Also where should I look to buy one of these? Thanks for your help.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
A CAI is a good way to get a little extra kick out of your Elantra. You can find ones on eBay for $25-50. Search the Forum for the "Accord Intake" thread and read that. Or, you can by one from several places for over $100. It's your choice.

Good luck, and welcome to EXD!

Axel

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
Beware... the mods for the 04 intake are going to be different due to the MAF.
That's correct. I should have mentioned this earlier. But it's a very easy mod to do...just cut out about 3 or 4 inches for the MAF sensor.

I love my eBay Accord Intake!!!!!!!!!

Axel

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
OK I'm not that familiar with the CAI for Accords, on e-bay there are 94-97 model , the 90-93 model, the 98-02 models..I assume we are talking about the 94 to 97 model for the Elantra ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
The better intake would be the TeamSR one since it is ceramic coated. The ones on ebay get hot because they are not.

Either one though is worth it and if you want to do any performance tuning, this should be the first step.

james, if you can replace it, I would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.