Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive in the night with my fog lights on, never had a problem in the past, but apparently some trucker didn't take kindly to it tonight driving back to Ottawa and flashed me with her side fogs.

Am I doing something wrong? Cause honestly I see people with them on all the time and it hardly obstructs anything... HIDs obstruct more than those ever will.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
lol. no its not illegal to have fogs. it is illegal however... to have HID's installed in housing that werent designed for hid's. those produce ALOT more glare and blind oncoming drivers.

but if u have stock fogs, with stock regular bulbs, then there is nothing illegal about it.

just a dumbass trucker.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Normally, fogs are only supposed to be on in inclement conditions. I use them at night as well, and the cops havn't pulled me over to complain about them. Additionally, I dont see how that trucker would have a problem with ur lights. They are sitting up higher in the air than your lights, esp your fogs, should be shining. So they were being a putz IMO.

Also, side fogs??

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I have stock headlights, and I've been highbeam flashed before. It happens too often for my liking. Depends on the angle of the road, and how much of an idiot the other guy is.

Also, two flashes is typically code for "Cops ahead".

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i've seen people using their fogs as their driving lights (they were bright enough) and even that didnt bother my eyes. im guessing it was either an extra sensitive trucker, or they were warning of a cop up the road or something.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
i use my fogs only, when it starts gettin dark, then fogs and lows at night.

i have regular halogen bulbs in my fogs, and my 4300K hids in my lows.

havent gotten flashed once.

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
were you tailgating possibly just a little. maybe thats why
Nope I pulled into the far left lane to pass and just held the speed of the cruise control (didn't accelerate or anything passed at about 108 km/h).

We were the only two vehicles on the highway at the time.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
In most municipalities it's written that you cannot have more than 2 lights shining forward inside town limits. That would typically mean highs and lows or lows and fogs. Mine are almost always on at night as well, and since they wired in all custom and **** I have highs, lows and fogs on with my brights. Kinda nice in my dark little corner of the world.

Now... the trucker was likely being courteous to you. When trucks pass one another or another car, it is customary to flash lights or to turn off their cab lights to signal that it's OK to come back over. THat's usually followed by the other truck signaling twice to thakn them.... I still do it to this day.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Biker code, trucker code, ricer code, cop code.... there's codes EVERYWHERE man!

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
I do the same thing - If i see a big rig with it's signal on, waiting to come into my lane, I'll give him room and flash my high beams to let him know he's clear.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts