Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RonnieSan's Ride (Lana)

Here is my ride with a new spoiler. I might as well list my mods.

Exterior
Astrel Body Kit
17" Maxxim Oxygene
215/40/17 Mohawk Predators
OEM Foglights
Clear Sidemarkers
OEM High Spoiler

Interior
Red Light Conversion (Incomplete)

Engine
KORE Cold Air Intake
Split 2.25" - 2" Resonator Back Exhaust
Painted Rocker Cover
NGK IX Iridium Spark Plugs

·
Registered
130 Posts
most likely a manual focus SLR, 35 mm, it would be hard to get that quality with digital unless you were going with something like a nikon d70 or a cannon digital rebel.

<---- works at wolf camera.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have a Minolta maxxium 800si with a tamrom 28 - 200mm, overkill to take pics of my car but it take great picks. Ill dig up the old photos after my finals tomarrow...

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I got a couple friends who are photographers. I used my friend's Nikon D100... digital SLR you are correct. Once I finish my car towards the ed of the year, I'll have him take some pretty pics of my car. I was just playing around with these ones. And of course... I did some work in photoshop to bring out the colors and soften some of the focus. Now that I look at the one of my engine, I shouldn't have blurred it so much.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys. I went to Midas this week and had them install my exhaust. 2.25 pipe from the 2nd cat to an aero turbine muffler about where the resonator was, then splits into 2 pipes at the axle and shoots out the two tips under my kit. Looks freakin awesome and sounds deadly. Incredibly deep sound, but it's a little loud for me, so I'm gonna see if I can get a new resonator in there. Some power gains in the mid range to high RPMs but I can't feel the difference too much. Mostly looks and sound came out of it, and the aero turbine should give me a huge increase in fuel economy. Oh yeah, I ended up paying $503.26 for everything.

Here are some pics.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a few notes to keep in mind for those of you who want to do this. The guy at Midas said he didn't want to go with two mufflers in the back since 1) They would hang too low, 2) We have that emmissions box thingy that absorbs gas vapor, he didn't want to put anything too hot next to it in the event it might blow up (small chance but better to be safe, 3) I think there were only 2 reasons.

He actually got the wrong tips and so he'll be putting the rigth ones on once they come in next week. I'm also having him put the stock resonator back on cause my car is so freakin loud.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Looks nice, I'm usually not fond of the dual on our car but I think the fact you just have the tips and not mufflers hanging out back there makes it look alot better. You might want to give it a week or two of driving to let the muffler break in before you put the resonator back, sometimes the tone will change after it's been driven a little. But if you want it quiet just go ahead a slap that thing back in there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts