Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

At this point would you buy or consider buying a 2007 Elantra HD?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, before long we'll have our first member that owns a 2007 Elantra HD. So I thought we'd take a poll and see if anyone is considering buying one or is definitely set on buying one.

From the comments in the HD section it seems that most people aren't interested for many reasons, the two most common being that it still has the Beta II and the styling.

So, at this point would you buy or consider buying a 2007 Elantra HD?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Noob (play gunbound?)
1,336 Posts
I would wait until they put in a new engine. Till then, it's my XD2.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
i think their slick and i like em, but i think i like my 06 just a tad better, so i gotaa go with no.. also the fact that my elantra is brand new and i wouldnt get rid of it just yet.. well see, maybe ill get a 2011 or 2012 elantra when im done with mine haha.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'd consider going with it if I was forced to get a new car, but right now my 2002 GLS is all I need. :)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It's a nice looking car but I am pretty much set on a two door for my next vehicle. I think the new Elantra is just going to be too big for my taste. I hear a new ZX2 is in the works from Ford to be introduced as a 2008 model ... a two door Ford Focus. So far, the pictures I've seen look pretty nice! Besides that, the current model has more horsepower, torque, and better fuel efficiency ratings. I loved my old ZX2 except for smacking my head on the roof when I got in.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah, not really... I hope to be looking at something more expensive for my next car by the time that happens. I would consider the HD but the styling I've seen so far isn't my cup of tea, there's still no slick-looking hatch (wagons aren't as slick) and it's still economy-powered and likely to stay that way. I'm thinking WRX/Mazdaspeed3/Mazda6 next.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
im in the "no" section. as much as i like my current car, my next will definately have aftermarket support and wont be a hyundai. im thinking e36 m3, mazda speed6, fd rx7

·
Search is your friend.
1,610 Posts
personally I hate...yes hate, I know it's a strong word, the looks of the 07, if possible though I could use a few parts from the 07, like the steering wheel

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I'm a big value-for-the-money guy. When I got my 04 XD2, it was definitely the best value for what you got. It's no longer the case and no better than anything else in its class, IMO, so no thanks, at least not with the XD2 engine...

·
Registered
144 Posts
jayupark said:
I would wait until they put in a new engine. Till then, it's my XD2.
^^lol. If you want performance it would be cheaper to throw parts in your car, then trading in the xd2 with all the negative equity carrying over to your new HD.

And as for the HD :gay:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
My next car will be a bigger, more grown-up sedan, and have at least 200hp stock. That pretty-much rules out the Elantra.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
I would definately consider it. My next car is to be an economical point A to point B car. My curent elantra will go under the knife to become the Auto-X car from hell designed to put chitvics in their place. So with that philosophy in mind, another bigger quieter Elantra would definately be something to look at.

·
Registered
751 Posts
With a 3rd baby on the way I wouldn't actively choose a car this small.

If I were in the market for this size car I would still choose another car with a wagon option. Throw a wagon on the back and I'd think about it. Make the Sonata wagon happen and yes I'm in :)

Brad

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
I would consider the Sonata, the Azera, or the new Santa Fe, but as of right now, there's nothing about the HD Elantra that makes me want it badly. It lost all of the XD's somewhat unique styling and it's still the same engine. If I had to buy a car in the sub 20k category, I would look into something like the Fit because of the cost of gas, and also because there's going to be a HUGE aftermarket for it.

On a side note:

I wonder if Hyundai Corporate ever browses any of the forums. If they are reading this, I hope they're using this feedback to make the appropriate changes to gain more loyal Hyundai customers. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I'm thinking of something here... the majority of us are first time "new" car buyers, or new to this segment of automobile (import compact car). There are some who have had this class of car before and bought again, but I think for the most part the Elantra will continue to be purchased by people that are like we once were. Most of us who currently own the Elantra are looking for bigger/faster/more-luxurious/etc cars for our next purchase, as we've moved beyond the "Elantra phase" of our car ownership lives. The people who will probably be here with the HD are probably not going to be those here with the XD now. So for that reason, I suppose Hyundai doesn't really need to keep 'us' happy with the Elantra, but just make it better than the other options that 'us a few years ago' would buy.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
True. Much like most Civic owners want to move up to accords, most corolla owners to camry's and so on/so forth.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Normally I would agree about moving on to bigger, better, faster cars, but because of the current situation with gas prices, I think more people are looking to step down, vs step up to a bigger car. I think that's also the reason why hatchbacks/wagons, and small subcompact cars are making a comeback.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
^^^Right. As I said above, they're attrating people who are "new" to the catagory and not really concerned about keeping happy the <1% of Elantra owners who modify them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts