Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so as many of you read I did a write up on, What it takes to go BIG in regards to car audio. I didn't happen to write it for the heck of it, I wrote it because that's my plan exactly!

So without further rambling, this thread will provide as the place for all my updates on my Audio Build.

My main thread, Faris' XD2 will still serve as a place for all updates not directly audio. Also linked from "What it takes..." This build is going to take some time. Especially due to the monetary investment required. But it'll be a dream come true! It should be noted that ALL work is being done myself. I have zero formal training. Just the drive to know I did something myself and did it right!

Installed:
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD ($400)
Dynamat Trunk Kit ($150)
75 sqft of Audio Techinx 60 mil ($150)

Purchased, but not installed:

To be Purchased:
Subwoofers - 2x AA SMD 18 ($1500)
Sub Amplifiers - 2x AQ 3500.1 ($1500 Working on getting this one down...not feeling like paying list price!)
Alternators & Bracket & Harness - 2x 200-300 amp alternators & 1x Bracket & 1x Voltage harness (Easily over $1000 at this point.. my guess is hitting close to $1500)
Wiring & Connectors & Fusing - 2x 50' 1/0 AWG spool & tons of connectors and fusing (370 for wire, I'd guess $600 in total)
Batteries - 4x XS D3100 & 1x XS D5100R ( $2000, Definitely working on getting this down..)
Sound Deadening - Additional 25 sqft of Audio Technix 60 mil & 100 Square feet of Dampening Mat, company undecided at this point (About $400-500)
Enclosure - Building myself. Fit for 2 18's (Completely unsure!)

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
sweet jebus...

poor car is gonna explode.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
^ill belive it when i see you guys start getting all your stuff in hah
i want to see who can shatter the windows first :D

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
$6,000-$7,000 of audio equipment in a car worth $5,000 seems wrong to me.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Lol. My subwoofers are in, but first I need to upgrade electrical and get the car running and looking pretty
maybe hel end up just dragging it around on a hook to db drags lol. i know a guy with a van who does that. works for Team Nutz here in PA, has a van with 4x18s in a wall. plexi windows and no motor haha

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
thats cool. hyun was just gettin on your case cause you put money into subwoofers n all before you put your cash into getting the car running. hes just saying "priorities bro" haha.

i see u been doing alot of work tho, but your doing all the "fun" stuff hehe, not taking it to a shop and making it go

·
Registered
138 Posts
It used to be able to go. I think it's just the battery. Once I get that running I need to replace pads and disks (is this easy? Or should I take it to the shop?) then Batt bank and big 3 then new alt. I don't buy all te fun stuff first. I bought them for their lowest price, an it was a pre order so time was running out.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
well youll need a bigger bat for an audio build anyway hah. get a nice optima or similar sealed or dry cell that doesnt smoke on a drain.
rotors and brakes are indeed doable yourself, i did them a few times on my olds way back when, but lately i just go to a shop. brakes arent something i like to mess with, one small mistake could mean death.. so i just let the "pros" do it

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
up to you, plenty of people do it themselves but id rather just rather take it to a shop. thats just me.

and i run an optima up front and a stinger in the back. i love my optima up front :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lets get an update!
pics please!
Alright! I'll take some pictures of what I had done and what I have done now, right now i'm about to order even more deadener, I'm thinking another 50 square feet to finish up the doors and roof. Then I start building up the frame of what will be the backbone of the audio system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts