Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

...and a little bit of Photoshop Magic! (blacked out the grill and turned up the contrast)

2005 Hyundai Elantra FX aus spec

Mod List:_________________________________
2" PSC Catback Exhaust
K&N Panel Filter + Modified OEM intake
17" wheels + 215/45/17 rubber
Painted Brake Calipers with decals
20mm PSC Rear Sway Bar with Metal Endlinks
Pedders Sports Rider springs (30mm drop)
2 x 12" Audiobahn Subs - 400W RMS each
800W RMS Class D Amplifier
1 Farah Capacitor
JVC Head unit + ipod adaptor + 15Gb ipod
OEM Tiburon Pedals
Custom Grill with mesh insert
OEM Dashmat + OEM Floormats
Clutch Slave Cylinder Mod
TB Coolant Bypass Mod
Debadged
35% Tint allround
Cosmo Racing Shortshifter
100sq ft of Fatmat (Dynamat)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Very nice and clean. I love the caliper job! But I can't imagine shifting with my left hand. Must feel wierd to Americans.

The only problem I have with your car is your choice of route for the amp wire. It's not good to run it through there because you run the risk of pinching the wire. Not only that, but as that wire gets wet from weather, the insulation starts to turn yellow/brown and gets weak. What you can do is get a Unibit from Home Depot and drill a 3/4" hole behind the black padding near your passenger side strut tower. Slap a grommet in the hole and snake your wire through there.

Other than that, keep it clean! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KeWLKaT said:
Nice ride dude, didnt u put a ps2 in at some point?
yeah i had a look at it but decided not to cos i would never play it, i dont even play it now so... was just an idea... and i couldn't figure out where to put the dance mat?

·
Registered
329 Posts
aussieXD2 said:
yeah i had a look at it but decided not to cos i would never play it, i dont even play it now so... was just an idea... and i couldn't figure out where to put the dance mat?
make a custom dance matt for your car like a fake floor in the back be heaps of fun haha looks great im a aussie too

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
Nice ride mate. :D
Love the rims and calipers, looks great!
The clear indicators and alloy pedals look good too.

Did you also get the alloy deadpedal?
Is the cat-back from PSC?
How does it sound compared to stock?

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Actually, his power wire for the amp is in an okay location. If he chose to run the wire down the inside of the fender to the little 1/2" hole that's covered with a plastic cover, he runs NO risk of pinching the wires at all. Myself and a buddy of mine have run our wires that way ( I actually have three sets of wires there ) with no problem at all. It's very hard to find a place on the XD2's to pass wire through the firewall.

I love the car mate, looks real good. I happen to have the same style as you, and I really like how those rims look on your car. It was a shock to see it RHD, however, but then I remembered you are in Australia. That would be a blast to drive.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
BColeman said:
If he chose to run the wire down the inside of the fender to the little 1/2" hole that's covered with a plastic cover, he runs NO risk of pinching the wires at all.

Yeah, that way is fine. I actually did that on an 87 Camry I had. I ran the wire right along side the hood release cable. But Aussie's looks like he ran his through the door jam, which like I said, allows the wire insulation to get wet and turn brown and weak.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to redo the amp wiring during the uni holidays, hide it under the floor or something so I dont see it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts