Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

I have problem with my auto transmission, my car is 2002 avante XD 1500cc same like elantra XD

I go to shop and after use scan tool the man told me he found Error codes P0742 P0743 P0342, and he told me the full rebuild for the auto transmission
is necessary.

Is he correct or I gust replace the speed sensor as my friend told me.

Please Help me.

Essam

·
Scary Super Mod
7,371 Posts
here are the codes
P0742 Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid – stuck on Wiring, TCC solenoid
P0743 Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid – electrical Wiring, TCC solenoid, ECM/TCM
P0342 Camshaft position (CMP) sensor A, bank 1 – low input Wiring short to ground, CMP sensor, ECM

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Eric for your reply

So, sound that my problem is electrical not mechanical , that mean no need for rebuild the auto transmission .

let me ask :
1- If i change the transmission oil and filter is that resolve my problem, my car is 150550/KM and I don't know if the 1st owner change it or not.
I notes the color of the oil changed from red to brown-red.
2- How can check the electrical parts and where is located.
3- If my problem in the TCC solenoid where is located and how to change it.
4- Is it necessary to full rebuild the auto transmission. (It will cost me)

Thank you Eric waiting your reply.

Essam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok yesterday I change the transmission oil and filter . the oil and the filter was very very very dirty .

I hope that it will help me.

ُEssam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all again,,,

On 02-17-2012 I change the transmission oil and filter , and notes that is not helping me.

I note the problem of my transmission in morning it shift 1-2-3 and stuck on 3 . after I drive it for 15 Min . I switch the car off and on then every thing is working fine my transmission shifting 1-2-3-4. I don't know if the problem electrical or mechanical. is there any one have problem with auto transmission like me.

Essam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts