Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are all the engines in 2002 gls the same or are some bad...my friend has pretty much the same things done to it and yet he kill sme evry time. is there anything i can do to correct this

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
if you have same engines with same mods exactlety it should be close...if your both stock then you are definately evenly matched. is it autos or sticks?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
without some quantitative measurement of performance, there's really not much we can tell you. do you change your oil regularly? tranny fluid? spark plugs? wires?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Reset your ECU (unplug battery for 10 mins. Replug)

·
Registered
429 Posts
could also be how it was broken in. i think i got on mine too early and i just don't seem to have the same speed as people that have nearly the same mods.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
break-in time, driving habits, maintenance, type/grade of fuel, leaks (air, fluids), filters (oil, tranny, fuel), additional weight (McDonalds gets ya), day of the week the cars were made and I'm VERY sure there are ALOT more variables that can answer the initial *performance question*

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
what grade fuel best works with the elantra(i switch around sometimes) and yes i change my plugs and oil regularly. and when u reset ur ECU do u disconnect the + and the - or just the ground

also..what does evryone running 0-60 and the 1/4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts