Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, guess what, today when i was ready to go to the college my car didnt wanted to start... My battery was died, reason? i dont know, like 2 weeks ago i notice that my lights at nights suddently lost power and my cd player went off and that happens like everynight since, at mornings start the engine was difficult, but always possible, and after a while, the way home -college, the car was perfect again, only at nights when my lights and everything was on i notice the lost of power, so this morning after finally start my engine i went to buy a batt, and as usual i went crazzy and i bought a 720A batt... now i`m not sure if this new battery could do some damage to my car due to extra power... i have in my car a 600 watt amp, undercar lights, and a cd player that could be using more power than the stock one... I´m worried for nothing or my crazzy action will destroy my car? thanx

·
Registered
212 Posts
My old car did this one time. Come to find out the alternator and distributor wires were all bad. Not sure if that is the problem in your case, but you may want to take a look. Of course you could always take it to the dealer and make those guys earn there money :D.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Sounds like the Voltage Regulator in your Alternator is bad. I had a Hyundai with this very same problem. Cost me $140 for a new Alternator.

Axel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i changed the old batt and everything its ok for now... if the new batt died i will check the alternator, i hope that there is no problem with it, thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts