Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered the newest blower from alpine.

It is the same blower kit as for the beta 1, but rather it has a totally re-designed manifold just for the beta2 map sensor based cars.

:)

they have completed the R&D for this kit and they have a total of 3 manifolds coming from the machine shop (CNC)... and they have to order the actual eaton blower with each order (10 day lead time)

So i pre-paid for the entire kit.. $2900 + 70 shipping, NO TAX ! :) (sorry TC, I would have ordered it from you but i was quoted 2950 + tax + shipping...)

They said it ships out to me in 2 weeks. and i'll have it by the last week in October. :)

The guy I spoke to for this order was Alistair (pronounced Alistar)... and he said the kit runs 8 psi stock and does not require any head spacer and does not include an intercooler.

however it does include the unichip & 5th injector setup + all misc parts required for installation.

I told him about my crank pulley and he said that I should take it off and put the stock pulley back on in order to spin the supercharger pulley fast enough to make 6 psi of boost...

So, if anyone wants my OBX crank pulley... let me know... I'll be pulling it out this weekend.

WISH ME LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time someone did this. Now follow through with this plan Ford, I hope we don't see you pull out like on your turbo plan. I can't wait to see where you end up hp wise. The best part is your not too far from T.C. at Nextgen so if you want more power he should be able to lend a hand. It would be great to get T.C. working his magic on the I-4 Alpine SC like he has with the V6.

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
Hey when you install it I want to be there to help...lol

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
the obx is smaller in diameter....therefore it wont make the supercharger pulley move as fast...and therefore not enough spinning to create boost.....

ford you said they had three different manifolds....is one of them going to be intercooled?

·
Registered
497 Posts
At 6psi how much WHP are we looking at with normal bolt ons i.e. Exhaust, intake...etc.

--NY

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Awesome man... something tells me we're going to be seeing a lot of new G-Tech times. :D Maybe 0-60 in about 5.9 seconds? I guess we'll see.

1 - 20 of 1175 Posts