Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1175 Posts

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
i was wondering has anyone tried a SC or TC with a nitrous kit? i cant seem to find a more appropriate thread than this one.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
You should consider adding a filter on the cooler line. I have this on mine:

This is in addition to the cooler in front of the A/C condenser.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,124 ·
Vampyrate said:
i was wondering has anyone tried a SC or TC with a nitrous kit? i cant seem to find a more appropriate thread than this one.

well, this would work fine. Theoretically, nitrous will work with any power adder ... You just have to have an engine that can handle the power...

but with an autofragile, i don't suggest it unless its built-up at more than the cost of the entire car in most cases.. lol

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
boost gauge in... took it for a drive... says 5psi....maxed out....idles at about 14in Hg... which is fine with me...still trying to figure out squeaking.....alpine says it may be dust cover on one of the pulleys....dmdicks suggested loosening belt (made it worse)...

other news... called optauto.com... apexi I-display on backorder (apexi is closed this week).... not going to "push it" until I get that to monitor my temps and other tidbits...

ps...nylon boost tubing sux....

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
UPDATE.... seemed like belt was slipping under full throttle...boost gauge registered a drop in boost when tranny downshifted under wide open.... so I went ahead and retightened belt.... took it out for a drive afterward.... 7PSI SUSTAINED BOOST at almost full throttle... (damn thick floormats) sounds a whole hell of a lot meaner now too... which reminds that I have to record some clips for you guys.... lol

·
the world ends dec21 2012
1,294 Posts
Sound Clips Would Be Nice

·
the world ends dec21 2012
1,294 Posts
sounds clips mang

·
With Odin on our side...
267 Posts
THe only reason I haven't jumped on yet, is to see what th003g's results are in the end.....I've been itchin' to get one for a while. Cost is a bit steep, but for the automatic it is a viable option..

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
93 octane... 91 recommended...
depending on time in boost.... get between 18-20mpg in 100% stop and go 4 mile commute
or 25+ in 75% highway mix....
working on sound/vid clips (damn mobile phone formats...)
no track or 1/4 mile times yet... don't want to kill tranny... (auto)

·
Rollin in my 2.0 -LOL-
223 Posts
OMG--- 3 hours of reading this thread- my eyes hurt.

I cant beleive that this particular SC has been bought and sold between 3 different peopel.

1) if i had the money at this point i think i'd go the turbo route, although the "ease" of installation of the SC ( and i use those quotes loosely) is appealing

2) Since the SC doesnt seem to offer quite the same HP as the Turbo's do it would be nice to see a price drop on the SC's. Id definitely do it if the price for a complete kit was closer to 2000 than 3000. That is ofcourse assuming the funds were there.

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
i thought about going turbo but when I bought this the entry level kit wasnt out yet so a head spacer drove me away....
s/c lets me keep my stock cats and exaust
turbo would definaley be a hell of a lot of power for the auto to handle....

you have to pay to play...(no offense)those complaining about costs of these kits (turbo and S/C) aren't thinking about what is required in addition to these kits.... (tranny upgrades, ignition upgrades, brake upgrades etc....) i've spent close to if not more than $1000+ in addition to the used kit which I got for 2300
breakdown:
tranny cooler, fluid, ignition wires, plugs ~$200
Brake lines, rotors and pads (which have yet to arrive) $400+
boost gauge ($50) and Apexi I-display (which has yet to arrive) $320
nextgen rear motor mount $125 (used)
other random crap taking up the rest....
not even including a proper installation which should take upwards of 6 or more hrs depending on complexity of modifications needed to rig up because instructions were incomplete...

in addition turbo would require... new exaust, oxygen sensor relocation....
vids are up in members profile section
i'm gonna need new struts and tires soon too... crap

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Tom, I pm'd you about the supercharger

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
FordFasteRR said:
mind you, the late model 2003 xd's with the cvvt head DO NOT HAVE the cvvt solenoid as pictured above...
Sorry to go back 2 years but I missed this part of the thread. My car was shipped to NY from LA (thats what the dealership told me) and its a late model 03 GT sedan that I bought with 30 miles on it in the summer of 2004 and it does have the CVVT solenoid.. Here ya go..

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,140 ·
03SilverBullet said:
Sorry to go back 2 years but I missed this part of the thread. My car was shipped to NY from LA (thats what the dealership told me) and its a late model 03 GT sedan that I bought with 30 miles on it in the summer of 2004 and it does have the CVVT solenoid.. Here ya go..

WOW !!!!!!

awesome find !!

Now, besides what the dealer told you, can you be sure that its an 03 based on vin # and other markings on the car ?

my car was built in 02, but it was sold as an 03 model... non cvvt of course.

its very possible that hyundai ran out of the non-cvvt motors and was forced to build a few cvvt 03's just to get them out of the factory ... you got lucky with that one !

1121 - 1140 of 1175 Posts