Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys this Shovel_it...Just got word that Elantra fans are talking about Super-Charging and Turbo....Well my machine is setting there still waiting for the Mod...I had talk years back with FORDFASTER. about his Alpine Supercharger...by the way FORD sold his Elantra. Look guys if yu want a fast car start with a fast car. But, going back to the mod...I will try to find out about NGM. I didn't like doing business with Alpine (A##holes)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Its all about how much you like your car or not :p

If you dont have the time/money to turbo/sc your XD, just save up and get a already turbo'ed car..

Im eventually gonna turbo my elantra, unless something bad happens to it...just cause itll be something different..and hush some bad mouthers of hyundai :p

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
You could possibly get the same power from a cheaper turbo as a more expensive one but power is not the issue with "cheap" turbo's. You get what you pay for and this is usually very true with turbo's. You might get some good power from a cheap turbo but how long will it last? Who knows. You also have to know your stuff pretty good to piece together a turbo kit. It's a lot easier to get a kit where all the work has been done for you and all you have to is basically bolt it on and get a tune.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
what kinda of gain would i bee looking at with a stock XD2 if i installed a cheap turbo?
depends on how many psi you go for, 7 psi and a good tune will net you around 170hp

·
Registered
785 Posts
It can vary, if you wanna drop a bunch of money into it you can get 100+hp...

But yeah if you put a cheaper turbo kit together youd be looking at 40-50hp min. at low boost. And also give the car a decent amount of torque which it lacks stock =(

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
What's ye old saying? Cheap, Fast, Reliable. You can build a cheap turbo system and your car may be fast but it won't be reliable or you can build a Fast and Reliable turbocharged car, but it won't be cheap. You can't have all three... ;)
Or you can have a cheap, reliable car - but it won't be fast. See also, Hyundai Elantra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ford, Sonatasleeper here. I came across this thread will looking for a pic of a blower coming out of a sonata. I then noticed that you were able to put a s/c on your elantra. I am interested a doing a lower boost idea for my 2.4 do you have a place you could point me to for this idea. Also I would need to know if it caused any emission issues.

1161 - 1175 of 1175 Posts