Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a white elantra sedan and i was toying with some possible kit combos, what does everyone think of this? Note: the ixion grill pic was at a bit of an angle so it looks off.

original...

ixion grill

m&s carart grill

·
Registered
687 Posts
very good chops

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changing the color is easy. I used the hue method. I simply made a simple opaque mask over the parts of the car i wanted to change color and chopped out any areas like the lights and grill mesh, windshield, etc. Now just set this solid colored top layer to Hue under layer options (it's a drop down bar you'll see on the list of layers, default is bottom right hand side of the screen). Hue seemed to produce the best results as it doesn't affect black and white, and as such, preserves the shadows and emblem on the car without tinting them whatever color you choose. The bad news is using this method i was unable to change the car to black or change a black car to anything else.

sorry lucky, i wasn't able to find that M&S grill from a nice front view in anything but black :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah photoshop 7, oops i didn't even mention that when i posted my method, i just always assume it's what people use for photo manipulation. also, this chop took me under 5 minutes so there are some crappy edges all over, if you spent a few more minutes touching it up you'd hardly be able to tell it's a chop. It's difficult to get the grill and the body color to match well because they were both two different colors to beging with (body was yellow, M&S grill was red for example).

if enough people actually want to know how to do this i'd post a step by step guide with pictures, this would probably only take me 10 minutes to put it together.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have found if you like the mesh look just make your own. I made mine last year and it came out verry good. As far as the kit goes the R-34 is the best looking one out there I bought mine last summer and the fittment was perfect.
The best kit ive ever installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts