Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding just the evo3 front bumper to my car, with a high spoiler, do u guys think it will look bad without the rear bumper and the side skirts? or will it still look hot? i have a hitch in the back of my car and i rather not take it out to put in the rear bumper, or maybe have the sides and the front only? what do you guys think?

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
IMO...never do half of a kit all or nothing! I think it looks really ricey with just front or front and sides on!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You certainly could do a front bumper only, although it'll give your car that 'pouting' look with the front end lower than the rest of the car. A lot of people don't like front bumper only mods, saying it looks like you couldn't afford to do the rest of the car. What about some of the lip kits? Could you install one of those rears without obstructing the hitch? I'd say if you do the bumper, you'll have to do the sides.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that is what i was thinking too, i would much rather get the whole thing done if i am doing anything at all...

hyunelan2: what were the lip kits you were talking about?

and also how much will on avg, will it run me to get it installed and painted, i have a black 2001 gls?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
:gotrice: No rice is when you get the full body kit on and leave it unpainted for a year and a half. Especially if the car is red or black and the kit was molded in neon green or white. Don't forget to leave your wheels and ride height stock particularly if you purchased a "wide body" kit. Gee I should write a book "Zen and the art of Rice" or maybe "Uncle Bens 101 ways to modify your import"

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
zerosig, look at THIS Post. It shows some of the different kits. A lip kit is one that uses the factory bumpers and just puts a 'lip' underneath it. aka Ground Effects. I dunno about intall and painting cost. Someone else with a better experience at that will tell you. i would guess that you should set aside $500-$1000 for a good install and paint, depending on how much molding needs to be done, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Zerosig to answer your question rice is a generic term used to describe modifications that are silly, pointless, lame, or just plain ghetto. For example: a car with two sets of rearview mirrors both mounted on the A pillar is RICE. A car with a stock drivetrain and a J.C. Whitney tack-on hood scoop is RICE. Hope that helps, BTW I should have put a comma between the words no and rice in my previous post.

·
Registered
422 Posts
heres How I look at it I've got the EGR Lip kit and I can use the rear cuz it was made for the sedan .. my thoughts oh Well I think with the Front lip and side skirts my car will look fine for a bit.. however I want to get an MScarart Rear lip just don't want to buy the full kit lol so it all comes down to the look you want ,and money in the end though its up to you just make sure its painted.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
i would love to see you do a full lip kit instead of just 1 bumper!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i would love to see you search.....

but beyond that, you can use a hitch with an aftermarket rear bumper, but wtf are you towing in an elantra anyway? Just get the kit, throw it on, paint it. Good rule of thumb is 1/2 - 3/4 of full retail of the kit for paint and install. I am NOT talking about 299.99 ebay kits. I mean RETAIL like 800 - 1200 .

shawn :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i got the hitch cause i moved to south, FL, from NYC, and dragged a almost a 2.5-3k lbs trailer, even though the manual says no more than 1k. i just would like to keep it if i needed to drag something, specially with me moving at the end of the yr, i prob wont use it that much, just the what if case... i am not sure what to do yet... i prob wont be able to afford a good kit till next yr anyways, so i might as well try and get the hitch out before i do it... right now i am mostly focusing on the interior.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
slvrsleeper, I like the sound of Uncle Bens 101 ways to modify your import!

I would have to go with a full body kit vs just the bumper.....you need for it to look balanced, right? Even if you put more focus on the front even out the sides & back.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
anyone.....just doing the front bumper IMO is terrible....do a whole lip kit instead!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
well

I'm in ft lauderdale too

and this is what my interior looks like:

so if you need any help....

shawn :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts