Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
As I am planning to bore out the stock IM, I'm wondering if the results would be worth it ?

I was planning on boring it out to the gasket (I believe thats 60mm??) ~ Wondering what kinda of performance gains I should expect and where, low/mid/high range ?

My tib greatly is suffering the low to mid area, something I'm hoping to see change maybe with the Nology Wires that will be here tomorrow...

Right now my tib has a nice mid to high range, seems after 4k+ it gets some nice power and keeps it all the way to the rev limiter...

I'm just wondering if doing this mod is going to be worth the time it takes to do it...

Opinions/Advice needed...

·
Registered
687 Posts
I agree but for a turbo It can help a lot :)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
OdessitPashka said:
hmmm.... I dont think that it's worth it. it will take some low end away and add some high end, so it's not gonna make that much of a difference on N/A cars.

I disagree... I gained some decent power when I got the bored IM from Carbonman...

This mod will not take away any torque ... in fact... you will most likely run 2-3 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile with this mod.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm sure he is but hes also goin to Vac really soon.

By the way this Question actully goes out to Ford and Evil you cuz both have used the CD intake Manifold was everything to your liking as far as quility and if you had it powder coated how did it look .. Just really intersted in this mod but just want to make sure its going to be something I really want to do .

·
Registered
454 Posts
Guess said:
I'm sure he is but hes also goin to Vac really soon.

By the way this Question actully goes out to Ford and Evil you cuz both have used the CD intake Manifold was everything to your liking as far as quility and if you had it powder coated how did it look .. Just really intersted in this mod but just want to make sure its going to be something I really want to do .
Yes I was very happy with the mod. You can actually place your hand on the IM after hard runs without burning yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you guys are talking about boring out your intake manifold and Throttle body what exactly do you mean? Like what do you do?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i can't wait to get the time/money to put it on and try it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
unfortunately i can't recomend everything, i just know the dremel is a bit weak and a little short...but talk to Fordfasterr and carbonman...he does them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts