Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2003 GT sedan and when I press the brake at high speeds the brake pedal vibrates..Is this normal for new brakes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, my 01 used to do it. Not anymore, since I changed the pads and cut the rotors. But I don't think you have to do any of these yet... It is a new car right?

Just try to break in the pads properly and take it easy for a while. It'll probably go away.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
the perpetual brake pulse. ask the dealer to replace the rotors. they probably won't, they'll want to resurface them first, which will make them more prone to warping in the future.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
southpawboston said:
the perpetual brake pulse. ask the dealer to replace the rotors. they probably won't, they'll want to resurface them first, which will make them more prone to warping in the future.
Im fucking pist man cuz the car is brand new I should not have this problem.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SuperGLS said:
Calm down, it'll be ok. They'll fix it for free, if it doesn't go away.
So should it give it a lil to see if it will go away cuz the car is new or should I get it checked?

UPDATE!!..I went to Hyundai today and the replaced the front rotors..The were warped cuz my 03 GT was sitting in the lot for so long they had a layer of rust on them,but its fixed now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts